The Milexy Universe discussion

Dream House
This topic is about Dream House
Dream House (June 2016) > Spoiler-free Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexandra Pedro (alexandracpedro) | 78 comments Mod
This is a Youtuber's book. What do you feel about that? Do you feel like every YouTuber's book ought to be fake or money intended or could it actually be an good book? Will you give it a try?

message 2: by Camille, Mil (new) - rated it 3 stars

Camille Dent (thecamillion) | 90 comments Mod
While I do think that "YouTuber books" is definitely mostly a trend, every one that I have seen appears to be a sincere attempt (though Marzia's is my first one to read fully). I think that publishers are more likely to produce a YouTuber's book even if it is bad, because the quality of the book will not prevent fans from buying them! I do not blame the YouTubers though, because they are not trained writers. I believe that YouTuber books are mostly just a new way for YouTubers to interact with their fans.

message 3: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 4 stars

I completely agree with you. They do try to do something special for their viewers and it is the publisher's job to select wheter it's good enough to be published or not but it'll always be since there's alway public for it! I don't think if I'd feel good about having my book published because of my viewers instead of my piece of art. But I don't think that's the case on this book in particular.

message 4: by Luis (new)

Luis | 6 comments I sometimes watch this Argentinian youtuber named DrossRotzank. He makes these scary documentary-style videos based on "real" events or of creepypastas. He has over 8 million subscribers and has published two books. The books follow the same style of his channel, and they have this "Stephen King" vibe. He's a journalist and he's mentioned (even before his books were even published) that he had always loved to write stories. Pretty much that he loved writing since he was young. He had tried to publish his work before his youtube channel but for various reasons he kept getting denied but now that he has a mass following, his two books were published in a relatively short amount of time. I think that the internet in general is a great place for creators to put their work out there where in some cases it would have a better chance at being more successful than if they had taken the traditional route.

message 5: by Alexandra, Lexy (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just subscribed to him to follow him! (It was very nice to find out I could actually understand everything in spanish!!! I feel very proud right now ahah)
Yeah, I can understand that. Someone who wrote way before YouTube and then takes the avantage of having a huge amount of followers to publish those books easier!
I think it's a matter of filtering it and discover who's also a writer, besides youtuber, and who's just a youtuber! I believe there are lots of people on both cathegories!!