Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Looking for Recs: Genre/Theme > Heroine Tames Hero

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Namera [The Literary Invertebrate] (namera-tli) I'm looking for a book where the hero is a real player before he meets the heroine, then starts falling in love with her. I know that sounds cliched, so I'm qualifying it - I want something where the relationship progression is really sweet, slow and believable, we're shown all of those aspects clearly, and where the heroine doesn't give in too quickly but really makes him work for it. If anyone's read it, something like Dating Trouble by Anna Katmore/Piper Shelly would be great! Bonus if the hero's normally really smooth but the heroine reduces him to clumsiness, like Cade/Holly from Immortals After Dark. Any genre possible.

Can anyone help? Please?

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I'm trying to think of one that works on all those levels. Yes, love Cade & Holly's story in IAD. There is Cover of Night, but since it is Linda Howard, there really isn't a slow build to that one. Well...they do know each other for years, but the action, when it happens, makes the romance accelerate over a week, I believe. However, the hero is awkward around only the heroine.

Cover of Night by Linda Howard

Namera [The Literary Invertebrate] (namera-tli) Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm trying to think of one that works on all those levels. Yes, love Cade & Holly's story in IAD. There is Cover of Night, but since it is Linda Howard, there really isn't a slow buil..."

Thanks for the rec!