What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy, Bro & sis rescuing parents, saving the world

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 5 comments I read this around 84, it wasn't a big book. I want to say the title had 'wheel' or 'time' in it, but it was not any of the ones we all know because I've searched them. I could be wrong about the title. Probably am, since I can't find it.

Brother and sister are tasked with, iirc, saving the world, rescuing their parents. Parallel world involved, an old man is a prominent character. House is also featured fairly prominently: Victorian, three story.

The main scene I remember is the brother and sister come back from parallel world, chased by a man with a knife. They are climbing down the drainpipe, in the rain, a terrible storm, and there is a live electrical wire. The man gets electrocuted.

the are successful in their task; the victory scene is in the kitchen of the house.

A friend who is a few years older also remembers reading the book but can't recall any more than what I can.

TIAFYH!

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 38 comments It sounds kind of like A Wrinkle in Time?

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott A brother and sister do have to rescue their father in A Wrinkle in Time, but there is no scene such as Bonnie describes.

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 5 comments I know... I can see the page in my mind. Frustrating.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32230 comments Mod
This book is too recent, but I'll mention it just in case you're interested - Out of This World by Douglas E. Richards.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Bonnie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 5 comments Still looking!!

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 5 comments I can see the words on the page. It's one of the most frustrating things because it's so inconsequential, but still...!

message 9: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Do you recall any exact phrases or names?

message 10: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 5 comments I don't. I'll think on it more.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Bonnie ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 185, from six months ago, where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!