What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Twelve (The Passage, #2)
This topic is about The Twelve
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. World ending, must paint the room - a pregnant woman in total denial as civilization ends, she runs roughshod over an escaped prisoner to paint the nursery In her house [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa McCauley | 25 comments The scene that sticks with me the most is a pregnant woman in total denial as civilization ends, she runs roughshod over an escaped prisoner to paint the nursery In her house

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 04, 2016 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Yes... I think I remember reading this...but I can't remember what it is. Does he have to go out to a hardware store or something to get (take) the stuff to paint the nursery for her?

Do you read fiction that's online? Like in blogs, because I somehow have the feeling that's where I read it, but I could be wrong.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:54PM) (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Melissa, what year did you read this book?

What's the genre or tone - e.g., horror, adult fantasy, science fiction, etc.?

Do you mean she runs her car over an escaped prisoner?

Annamariah | 283 comments This sounds like a scene from The Twelve, the second part of Justin Cronin's trilogy called The Passage, in which the world is overrun by vampire-like beings who are infected by a highly contagious virus.

Quote from Wikipedia synopsis: "After briefly revisiting some of the surviving characters from the first book, the novel jumps back to the start of the plague. -- Lawrence Grey, a janitor from the complex that Project Noah began in, wakes up in a hotel only to find himself younger and slimmer than he used to be --Meanwhile, Grey encounters a disoriented pregnant woman, who does not realize the dissolution of society around her, shopping for paint for her baby's bedroom in an abandoned Home Depot. She is Lila Beatrice Kyle, Brad Wolgast's divorced wife. Subsequently, Grey is mistaken as one of the workers and ends up helping Lila paint her house, and a bond is forged between the two."

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Melissa, are you still looking for this book? Is it Annamariah's suggestion of The Twelve?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
No response from Melissa but I think based on the passage that has to be the right book. Moving to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Twelve (other topics)