Vanished- An Advanced Roleplay discussion

communications > Mod Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ | 250 comments Mod
Pretty much just organizational stuff

message 2: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Jun 04, 2016 11:27AM) (new)

Okay, today, I want to work on:

- any other lesser topics made, such as an on/off thread, suggestion/complaints thread, or any other communications(in character chat, headcanons?)
-Fill out rules thread
-BASIC PLOT, AT LEAST
-for mod discussion of plot, make a private mod only group for secret discussion *evilly rubs hands together with the hing of a a conspiratorial manner)

-lastly, character creation format, workshop, and approved characters
-only after a plot has been established and posted so people know what the heck they're makin a character for

Hey Temperance, if you wouldn't mind making some of the lesser topics I have listed above, that would be great! There's no rush, but it is something I would like to have done today.

message 4: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Sorry, I was working on an email and I just saw this. I would be more than happy to make the lesser topics; I'll work on them today ^~^

Is there soemthing you want me to call the folders, were I'd group the topics? Like the FCs claim thread, character creation, workshop, and approved characters would go together, but what about headcannons (i freaking love this!), in character chats, on/off thread, questions/suggestions/concerns?

message 5: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Jun 03, 2016 11:09AM) (new)

No worries! I'm multitasking a bunch today, so I might see stuff right away or it may take me a bit.
Okay, so for headcannons and in character chats, maybe if you want to make a new folder, like "just for fun". On/Off should be put under communications. I already have a place for questions, but a suggestions/concerns thread should be put in the same folder as the questions topic. I'm blanking on which one that is right now.
As for FCs, Character Creation, Workshop, and all that, I'm going to hold off on making any of that until we have a plot up. Also, I have something a kind of sort of specific in mind, so I think I'll work on that. Once it's posted up, you're free to add anything else you might want, and I'll probably run the ideas over with you before I put them up!

message 6: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Ok phew I'm not the only one. I'm going to be gone for a little bit, errands to run, but I'll start putting up threads when i get back.

just for fun sounds good to me, i'll be sure to be on/off in communications, and don't worry about the suggestions/concerns- I'll figure it all out ^~^

We can definitely hold off on the character stuff until we get the plot ironed out. this specific thing you have in mind- need any feedback/help?
Absolutely; if i get anymore ideas, i'll definitely post them here to get your feedback. :)

Alright, you do whatever you need to do, and we'll discuss more stuff when you get back!
Thanks for that, like I said, I'm multitasking a lot so any help I can get is wonderful.
There are only a few specific things I have in mind for character creation and stuff, involving face claims/character description, and character history. Then just organizational stuff for character creation, but we can cover more of that when we get to it. Sounds good, I'm open to any ideas you might have!

message 8: by Temperance (new)

Temperance I have returned! sorry for the wait; errands took a little longer than i was expecting by the time i finished, my family was sitting down for dinner.

getting to work on the topics now.

ok that's fine; let me know if you need anything with that. ^~^
Awesome, thanks!

No worries, I won't hold it against you for having a life ^_^

As of right now, I'm pretty sure the only thing that I need assistance with is plot so we can put that up tonight.

By the way, if you think any of your friends might be interested in joining, feel free to invite them. I did that with everyone in my friend list, but as of right now, obviously, members are a bit low and I would like to raise that so there's a little more activity around here.

message 10: by Temperance (new)

Temperance lol i appreciate that; thanks! ^~^

i'm headed over to that in just a few minutes; working on the threads.

I totally understand; i just sent out a few invites, so we'll see if that will boost the membership.

Awesome, thanks a bunch! :)

message 12: by Temperance (new)

Temperance No problem ^~^

Thanks for putting up those threads! The last thing I want to put up today is the plot, then we can maybe start working out the details for character creation.

Also, if member levels stay relatively low over the weekend, I'm thinking of pushing this to a public group, what do you think?

message 14: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You're very welcome; need me to fix anything? I think we can manage that- I'm almost done reading it; I'll start posting ideas and questions in a few seconds.

Personally, I like private groups; they're easier to manage, and you'd be able to control the amount of detail. But if you want to open it to the public, we can

I glanced over at them, and they look great. The one thing I might add is to the in character chat. It isn't present in a lot of groups, so we might have to provide an example of it, you know what I'm talking about?

I prefer private groups too for the same reasons. I don't know, I think I'll leave it for a last ditch effort. There might be people out there who we don't know are great rpers but we weren't able to invite them to the group or will be turned away because they see that they have to request an invitation.

message 16: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thank you! Yeah of course; give me a few minutes to figure one out?

Maybe- in other private groups, people have had no problem with requesting membership. Maybe we could keep it open for a certain window of time, if we do decide to make it public as a last ditch effort?

Okay!

And yeah, I think I had a moment of impatience there, you're right. We'll just see how activity goes for awhile, I mean, this place is still a baby, so...

message 18: by Temperance (new)

Temperance And I don't blame you for that; this group is awesome; people are just busy with the ends of their semesters. Membership will start to pick up :)
Everything is going to work out

Thanks for the reassurance! I over think stuff sometimes and then I am also naturally impatient, so that makes me want to act quick. But you're right, school is still just letting out I think. The school down the street from me is actually done already, and that's the earliest I think it's ever let out.

message 20: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You're very welcome, but thats what I'm here for ^~^
The high schools where I live are still in session, and this is the latest they've ever been open.

^_^
Huh, that's pretty interesting... the American school system is just weird and disorganized...

message 22: by Temperance (new)

Temperance :)

Yes it is; mine was open the latest, when I was in high school; I was the last of my friends to graduate, because the date was pushed back so far. :/

message 23: by Temperance (last edited Jun 03, 2016 06:19PM) (new)

Temperance Ok I think I have an example for the character chat;

X: I can't believe B is talking about leaving. *gestures around* who'd want to leave all this?

C: *glances around * I don't know, and I don't want to talk about this anymore....remember what happened when O tried to leave.

message 24: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Jun 03, 2016 06:16PM) (new)

That sounds pretty good for the character chat! One quick thing that might really tie it to the rp, is instead of "what happened to O" but maybe "what happened when O tried to leave", as in bad stuff happened... Or you know what, now that I think of it, either would work.

message 25: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Ok thanks! And yeah, I can definitely edit that in, thank you!

Awesome! And I think we should be able to have the plot up soon, so what I'm going to do is go ahead and start making folders for character creation, and then once the plot is up, we can start working out the details for the character creation stuff.

message 27: by Temperance (new)

Temperance I think so too- we made awesome progress!! :)
I saw the character creation folder, and everything looks great!

I might be a little over ambitious here, and I don't know if you'll be heading off anytime soon, but what I would like is to have the character creation stuff up and open before I go to bed. Tomorrow, I will be gone until the afternoon because I have work, but I will try to be around for most of the rest of the day afterwards. So hopefully, tomorrow, the people will have had time to look over the plot, ask some questions, and get some charrie ideas flowing.

message 29: by Temperance (new)

Temperance I'm going to be around for another few hours, so if I can do anything, let me know. Those are all pretty reasonable expectations, and I think we can manage that ^~^

Ok that's fine; I'll be on and off, there's more things I have to deal with. But things will settle down by early afternoon, and, unless something comes up, I should be on for the rest of the day.

Great! Like I said, I have just some thoughts on a few of the things, but if you want to work out a format for character creation and post it here, that would be great!

Sounds good! We'll at least be around if people are active and have questions.

message 31: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Ok awesome! I honestly don't have any format ideas, but I could start thinking- maybe we could compare ideas?

Awesome! ^~^

Just think of the basics for now, whatever you would want included in your character profile.

Oh, by the way, Temperance. In terms of people having jobs, I'm leaning towards them not necessarily being jobs, but more of chores, not something that is entirely time consuming. If people want to spend a lot of time doing a certain task where they become sort of an authority in the area, that's fine, but otherwise, I'm seeing most stuff as just do it if you want to.

message 34: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Chores sounds good to me; it makes it feel more like a group effort. ^~^

message 35: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Jun 05, 2016 07:13AM) (new)

What's being worked on today:

-Work on RP threads
-This includes finding images, I have a few for The Compound, but that's about it for now

-Add general information as a second post in the plot thread. Basically what we were discussing last night, nit picky day to day kind of things, it doesn't have to be organized unless we really want it to be

-Work on important character plots in the mod group

-Work on our own characters

Exactly, and making them "jobs" might be a little confusing, since they aren't getting paid, and this place is supposed to be a paradise, so everyone working all day just doesn't sound fun.

Also, I'm sending a message to Jacqueline about her role application, that we will be in touch.

message 38: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Very good points!!! I think we're good on this part.

Did you have anything you wanted me to start on? ^~^

message 39: by Temperance (new)

Temperance ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ wrote: "Also, I'm sending a message to Jacqueline about her role application, that we will be in touch."

She applied? Ok cool sounds great :)

message 40: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Sorry, one last thing; it's supposed to rain here pretty badly, so if I go offline it's probably because I lost the wifi signal >.<

If you could work on the general information post, that would be great. Then, if you think you have any ideas for rp locations, let me know. Try to have images to accompany them. We don't need to have too many, maybe five for now then add more once people start making characters.

Yes she did! I read through a bit of her application and it looks good for now. The main thing I want to work on mod-related today is making sure we have a good understanding of all the important character positions so we can give everyone their options of what's available.

Yikes, okay! Thanks for the heads up!

message 43: by Temperance (new)

Temperance sorry for disappearing...mother nature and my wifi have a hate-hate relationship >.<

Oof, does this mean the weather has cleared up?

message 45: by Temperance (last edited Jun 04, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Temperance Briefly but i don't trust it :/ yesterday was perfect, all clear skies and sunshine. No it's all gloomy and crappy >.<

Yeesh, well, I hope it holds out for you!

message 47: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thanks; i hope so too.

message 48: by Temperance (new)

Temperance ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ wrote: "If you could work on the general information post, that would be great. Then, if you think you have any ideas for rp locations, let me know. Try to have images to accompany them. We don't need to h..."

When looking for images, is there a certain aesthetic you want me to stick with, like forests?

for the general information threads, like what the chores are, sort of break them down, add some detail?

For the application; that's awesome! ^~^ I think that is definitely the most important thing to accomplish- i think we'll finish it without a problem

Mainly naturally beautiful places. I have a really pretty gorge image set aside. If you have a good idea of the general layout of the Valley, that would definitely help. Maybe we can have a forest thread, a cavern thread(some really cool cave thing). I've been trying to find a good image for the field where the background shows the river and the mountains, which kind of sucks cuz I have a specific idea in mind. I'm probably going to try to make a topic for the hill, since that will be an important rendezvous spot for when the Shade comes around.

The general info doesn't need to be in an individual thread, just put it in the plot topic, in one big post if you think it will fit. Chores might be a good thing to list, but keep them chore like, not to jobby, ya know?

Yup, I'm going to finish up making some topics for the Compound, then I'll list our role thoughts in the mod group. Sound good?

message 50: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You got it; sounds pretty- can't wait to see it! After I work on the general info (ok, i've got chores, what else did you want me to list? The Shade? How the governing thing works [we haven't really gotten too much into that]). Forest and caverns sounds really cool; i'll keep an eye out for anything promising. That sounds perfect!

Ok, i'll group it wiht the plot. definitely; i'll keep it simple.

Sounds awesome to me; see you there

« previous 1