Vanished- An Advanced Roleplay discussion

communications > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ | 250 comments Mod
Welcome! If you're reading this, that hopefully means you have joined the group, and that makes me super excited!
For any of you that don't know who the hell I am, my name is Daughter of the Rain and Snow, but feel free to call me Abigail or any other nickname that makes sense :) I'm 19 years old and am an archaeology major(currently in between subfields). I have two pups, Remi and Colt. They are technically my brother's dogs, but they love me more, so whatever. I love Florence + the Machine, hence the obscure lyric name. I have been writing since I was 9 years old, and while most of it is total bullshit, I like to think I sometimes have a decent idea. This group is one of those ideas that I think are halfway decent, so bare with me while I try to work out some of the kinks.
Enough of that pointless junk about me... If you guys have joined this group, I really do appreciate your activity and creativity. As I said I've been writing for a long while, and I really do enjoy it, but sometimes my ideas just aren't as fun if I'm writing them out alone. I think we might have the start of a pretty interesting story, so you guys make yourself at home and happy writing!

I remember that group, it was pretty cool! I really appreciate you joining, the group is, as I said, a work in progress, but hopefully, with a little help, it will get up and running really soon!

message 3: by Temperance (new)

Temperance
Thank you so much for the invite! This group looks absolutely amazing! ^~^
We were in a few groups together, but I don't think we talked often; looking forward to (hopefully) writing with you! :)

Thanks for joining, Temperance! I'm glad you like it ^_^ I mainly worked on the skin and bones last night, but I'm going to be trying to get a bit more work done today. By the way, if either of you guys are interested, I'm looking for two co-mods, and I would really appreciate it if you are willing to lend a hand! I have been saying "appreciate" a lot lately...

message 5: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You've done great work so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve! I've co-modded in a few different groups, so if you need a little help, I'd be more than happy to! :)
Lol it's an easy word to overuse

Thank you! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, sometimes, so that helps, except, you know, when you wanna get stuff done! I would be happy for any help I could get, so if you wanna apply feel free! I'm sure you would be a great mod, but I just want to know who I'll be working with :)
Over the last year I've gotten super polite, because I had gone away for college and I figured it would be easier to trick people into being my friend if I was nice instead of having something sarcastic to say about everything sooooooo yeah ^_^

message 7: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You're so welcome! I understand, I'm the same way; it's great when you're not busy, but when you are, it seriously sucks. I would love to apply! I'll get to work my application. ^~^ That's a good policy to have. :)

Lol that is some awesome logic; it's like catching flies with honey, but it sounds better (if that made any sense lol)

Perfectionism does suck, but it's kind of nice when things work out the way you want them to. Thanks for that, I look forward to checking it out! Consistency is key, I say.

Oh yeah, my mom always says that to me. Not that I'm not a nice person, I just don't sugar coat a lot of stuff... anyway, so yeah! :P

message 9: by Temperance (new)

Temperance It does, but I couldn't agree more; there's a lot of victory to be felt when everything comes together that (almost) makes the whole process worth it. I've posted the application, and I couldn't agree more; it helps sets the tone of the group.

I've heard it from my mom, aunts, even my best friends....so yeah I know all about that lol. Honesty is the best policy, bu it is really hard not to sugar coat, at least when it comes to certain people.

I read through your application, and it all looks great, I've added you as a mod, congrats! Mod related stuff will be posted in the mod chat; a lot of it will be me talking to myself about things that need to get done, but feel free to interject :)

One good thing about my best friends is that it's kind of my roll in our group to be the brutally honest one. I've been that way for years now so they're used to it and they actually come to me for it, which is pretty cool, they're happy with who I am. I agree with the whole sugar coating thing. I always give the honest answer, but sometimes I do my best to take the brutality away from it. I'll give them honesty, but in a gentle way that makes it easier for them to take, if that's what they need. I've had to do a lot of sugar coating recently, it wasn't fun.

message 11: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to helping! :) ok, you got it- if you ever need anything done, I'm more then ready to help; lol, I'll try not to interject too much.

I envy you; my role is the peace keeper, which, when your friends all have big personalities, isn't a fun thing to do. I think that's awesome that they trust you enough to come to you for that. Thanks; I don't like lying (I.e.- I suck at it), but when it comes to people like my best friend, I pick my words a little more carefully.
You have? Oh no I'm sorry :/ I've had the opposite problem lately

Yup, I can't wait to get this thing running, and I really appreciate anything you put in to make that happen :) feel free to interject whenever, I don't bite, and I'm sure it won't be for nothing!

Oof... yeah, I had that role early on in high school. Some of my friends would get into feuds with each other and I would try to delegate it without getting caught in the crossfires... I gave that up after a few years though. I'll give my advice, but throwing myself in between two people who just want to fight is not a stress free situation. I've been friends with one of them since pre-school and another one for about 9 years now, so the most we ever come to hating on each other is lovingly teasing each other for odd habits or traits, or when one of them is being really stupid, but we're all fairly logical gals.
Yup, very emotionally unstable ex. Not a fun situation, that one. What sucked was that I really cared about him, so I wasn't able to get all of my feelings about it across without really hurting him. But enough of that stuff, that's a bunch of heavy drama that I don't care to deal with on goodreads or in the real life so yeah ^_^

message 13: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Same here! Lol nicely done, very nicely done xD You got it, and I didn't think so :)

It's just once you've been cast, it's really hard to change your role. You know what it's like- I've known one since we were toddlers, another since first grade (though we've since parted ways), 8 years ago, and one since high schools. We didn't start out having arguement that often, just tease each other, like you and your friends do, but things have gone downhill since we moved to different schools. So yeah it's been pretty sucky >.<
Oh no I'm so sorr; that's a terribleness thing to go through :(
At least you tried; that's what counts.
That's a good thing to remember; this is your vacation from reality; enjoy it ^~^

I'm going to be working on stuff throughout the day, just check out the list I have up if you see anything you would be up for working on :)

I can understand that. Parting ways with friends sucks. There are girls I was best friends with in elementary and middle school and we just stopped talking to each other, and that was that. Then there are girls I was close with through high school, and we only talk when they accidentally send me a message that was supposed to go to someone else, so that kinda sucks. And distance doesn't necessarily help matters.
It's alright, a lot of people have been asking if I'm okay, but I came to terms with it a while ago. I knew I had to end it and I wanted to find the right time that would hurt both of us the least, but it was going to suck either way. People who know the whole situation have been saying I've been doing way to much to help him through the break up, but blachh, okay, no more of that. I've got way too much to say about the topic and I don't really care to say it. Yes, this is my vacation from reality, perfectly put!

message 15: by Temperance (new)

Temperance I'm going to be leaving for a short amount of time, but i promise that i will have all the threads that you requested up before the end of the day. :)

Yeah it does, but this time, though it was painful, was necessary ; she was toxic, and had done something that was completely unforgivable. But i'm sorry; drifting apart really sucks, especially when you get messages that weren't meant for you. But you have friends that sound pretty awesome C:
The fact that you thought so much about it and were trying to find a time that wouldn't be inconvenient for the two of you shows a lot care. All i will say is this; it's nice that you're helping him, but don't forget that you need to take care of yourself, first and foremost. ^~^
Thank you - i'm glad you liked it

Alright, well, I hope to talk to you soon, and thanks again for the help!

Oh man, that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. My friends are pretty awesome :) When they're this good, you only need a few :)
I really did care for him, just not the way I should care for someone I'm dating, and when it came down to it, I just had to do what I thought was best for me. It's my life, and I can't spend it making sacrifices for people and not be happy.

message 17: by Temperance (new)

Temperance You are very welcome! Thanks for having me!

It is, and thank you; but honestly? i'm glad to find out about this now, then later on down the line. We don't need that kind of toxicity, especially when we have a lot on our respective plates. But i'm happy with the friends i have, and i'm glad you are too C: That is very true! :)
I know that had to be tough, but you thought it out and made a decision that was right for you. That is the right way to think; at the end of the day, while it's good to help/make other people happy, you have to put yourself first. :)

Ciao for now ^~^

Talk to you later!

Welcome Jacqueline!

message 20: by Temperance (new)

Temperance jacqueline / no man's land wrote: "helllooo!!!"

Jacq!!!!!! Thank you for joining ^~^

message 21: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Missed you!!! <3

message 22: by Temperance (new)

Temperance aaaaaaw shucks *^~^*

message 23: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 6 comments Yo, fam~

message 24: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 6 comments JACQUE
I'm only on for a little bit and then I gotta get back to studying

message 26: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Hello! I recognize a few people!!

My name's Gee, but you can call me Fiera if you want. I'm 19, I live in the United States and am currently on my summer break from college, where I study English with a concentration in creative writing. So yeah, I write a lot! I identify as nonbinary in terms of gender, so I'd prefer if you refer to me with they/them pronouns!

I've been writing since I was 13, reading my whole life (well, since I was 4), and I've been rping on and off the last three-four years. I tend to use band members for face claims, as I'm a huge bandom nerd (favorite bands include: My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, PVRIS, Starset, and Within Temptation). I also love Lord of the Rings and Marvel.

That's all! Hello again and thanks for allowing me to join!

Welcome, Gee! Make yourself at home :)

The offer definitely still stands, but I completely understand, that's just how life goes sometimes. Thank you for your honesty! If there is still a spot open when your life frees up, and you're still interested in co-modding, feel free! I'll be happy to have you as a regular member in the mean time :)

message 29: by Madison (new)

Madison (thegalpal) Hi guys! My name is Kendall, no not like Kendall jenner, or the dude from big time rush or even the ebook. I have a huge love for dogs and will likely try to make one of my characters have a dog named Rufus cause I have a basset hound named Rufus. I work at IHOP (I do not recommend working there) I am an actress and plan on going to a private school to major in theater (yes I know I'm basically planning to live as a very poor adult) I love to read, despite the fact that I rarely have time to actually get to sit down. I love coffee shops and even have one I go to where I walk in and they start making my drink before I even order, the baristas also text me sometimes. I'm 17 currently, and I have met a bunch of celebrities in various ways. I'm struggling to think of other interesting facts about me, but I do tell some pretty killer stories from my own life cause I'm a nut and get put in some really odd situations.

message 30: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 10 comments Salutations! My name is Matthew. I haven't roleplayed in a while, but I finished my first year at college and currently have WAY too much free time.

Welcome Matthew!

message 32: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 10 comments Thank you!

We know each other, but I'm uncertain of which groups we've been in before.

I can't quite remember which groups either!

message 34: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 10 comments Your old profile pic looks familiar. I feel like it was probably a group from four years ago or something, lol.

Probably, maybe a shadowhunter group?

message 36: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 10 comments Eh, who knows? Eternal mystery.

Seems like!

message 38: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be leaving Vanished; I truly wish that things were different, because I love this group and I have enjoyed working on the plot, and talking with you guys. But things don't always go the way you want.

Thank you for having me Abigail; I had a great time! :)

Good luck everyone, and enjoy! ^~^

message 39: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Ohh I'm sorry to see you go! :(

message 40: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Jun 13, 2016 06:13PM) (new)

You will be missed Temperance! <3

message 41: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thanks Gee :(
I'm glad I got to meet you ^~^

message 42: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thanks Abigail; I'll miss you guys too! <3

message 43: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Same here Temperance!

message 44: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Thank you :)

the_guiding_light | 61 comments Mod
Hi everyone! Though I usually go by some variation of The Guiding Light online, feel free to call me Erin. I go to the same college as Abbey, and though I'm a music performance major, writing has always been a passion of mine. I've played French horn for ten years, and plan to continue for the rest of my life. I've also spent the last two years singing in an all women's choral ensemble, and I'm currently working on a trio of separate novels.
I'm a huge fan of horses and dogs, among all other animals, and I love nature -- any chance I get, I'll go on walks by lakes or through forests.
I look forward to meeting you all!

message 46: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Hey Demi!

Welcome Demi ^_^

Feel free to look around, check everything out and make yourself at home :D

« previous 1