Vanished- An Advanced Roleplay discussion

communications > Group Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) | 27 comments Okay, stupid question time, I haven't created characters in awhile, and my formatting isn't working. Has anything changed lately with the html?

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ | 250 comments Mod
I don't think it has, at least from what I've noticed. The only thing that's been acting kind of wacky for me is the blockquotes.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) | 27 comments It's just strange, I'm supposed to have seven images in the character I'm working on in workshop, but none of them are showing up. Thank you for your help, though.

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe it's the image url? Don't mention it, I'm happy to help where I can.

message 6: by Temperance (last edited Jun 04, 2016 08:38PM) (new)

Temperance Hi guys,

Abigail and I have been talking, and we're really blown away by the amount of creativity you guys have shown when it comes to making your characters. Thanks to you guys, we'll be able to open the roleplay soon.

That being said, there is something we'd like to talk to everyone about; we love the amount of detail that is going into your charaters' back stories, but we are concerned with the subject matter. It's true, that children can experience truly horrific things, things that no one should ever have to experience. Cases like that are common in the world we live in, as sad as it is. But, one of the reasons why the age limit for people coming to the Valley is so low is so they can escape, before things get too bad.

One of the things that I loved about the plot, Abigail's idea, was that this community was a family at heart; they were there for each other, they supported each other. If there are that many cases, more than five, there is no connection. There is no community- everyone is suffering under the weight of the past trauma.

We aren't asking people to change what their characters are. We're just asking you guys to keep this in mind and not outdo each other when it comes to who can make the most tragic character.

If you guys have comments, questions, or concerns, post to the suggestions topic, or feel free to message us; we want to know how everyone feels about this.

Hullo, all! How's it goin?

message 8: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Great! I finished my first character for here, just gotta get him posted.

Great, can't wait to check him out! I'll want to get Temperance's opinion on him before I approve him, though, just so you know.

message 10: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 6 comments I'm a late cookie who just failed a math exam

message 11: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Yeah no problem!

Oof, math >.< which subject in math?

message 13: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 6 comments Calculus

Oh lord, I hate calculus! I only took it for one semester and ended up failing >.<

Oh no! Well, we're sorry to see you go, Jacqueline. If life ever lets up, you're always welcome back!

Well fingers crossed for not! When does school let out for you

Oh wow, that's really late! Did you guys start late in September?

Damn, why are you guys going so late, then? Does it usually run so long for you?

Huh, interesting!

We're sorry to see you go, Jacqueline!

message 21: by Madison (new)

Madison (thegalpal) I'm for sure gonna start making a character tomorrow maybe 2 I'm not sure but at least one

Good to hear, Kendall!

I'm just chillin with my pups, spent the morning helping mom at a kite festival...

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) | 30 comments A kite festival? :o
Yay pups! How many pups you have? (I have five ~ well they're fully grown but any doggy is always a pupper)

Yup, just a little thing that was set up at a park downtown.
I've got two, and yeah, super true. One is about 5ish, the other is about a year and a half but they're both huge :)

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) | 30 comments Sounds good!
Hahah we have the opposite! My oldest is ten and my youngest is five but they're all tiny hahah

the_guiding_light | 61 comments Mod
Just got back from baking with a friend who I was supposed to take to get her passport.

Especially since I woke up about twenty minutes before I was supposed to be at her house. I was only four minutes late though!

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) | 30 comments thats basically amazing
you deserve a gold star
i will give you one
and the biggest hug you've ever seen for your brilliant performance
well done

also
i made my charrie from colorado because its one of the only places in america i could think of except from like, ny, ohio, nevada and texas XD
(I'm english soooo)

Gotcha ^_^ I had just noticed an abundance of people in Colorado, so if anyone came to any conclusions, just thought I would straighten it out!

I greatly appreciate the star and the hug, thank you!

message 36: by Madison (new)

Madison (thegalpal) Ill be ghosting till I finish my character(s) so you may not hear much from me but I'm here I promise.

message 37: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Crap I need to work on Sage. I just... Lost all inspiration. It is gone.

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I'm hoping to work on characters soon, but that'll depend ^.^ I have a huge pileup of stuffs to do lol I need to learn how to be efficient

I feel that :/ For me, personalities are tough because I have a subconscious tendency to make a lot of similar characters and I have to be careful not to do so... Then backgrounds take me forever because I think I will just hit some of the basic points I had in mind then I turn it into a whole damn short story >.<

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) | 30 comments Eh I don't mind personalities because I normally pick a zodiac sign and base their personality off of that? But histories I just find tedious and I sorta just wanna explore so writing histories suck lol
Plus they take me ages xD

message 42: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Personalities are hardest for me too. That's where I'm stuck at with the one im working on currently. I just need one more trait!

Well I hope you guys overcome your struggles! I can't wait to see your characters:)

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Lol xD I just take forever to write characters with normal sheets, because I want to completely flesh them out and make them awesome, y'know? Now if I do a short abbreviated bullet point sheet, it takes less time, but the character also doesn't have a description so it feels empty... cx

I feel the same way. I love the detail that you get out of filling out a normal template, but sometimes its a lot less stressful to put in a few bullet points, a picture, and a couple of paragraphs describing the character :/

message 46: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Yeah, same.

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Definitely >~<
So yeah, I dunno. I might do details or I might just skim and give general ideas until a later date when I have time to elaborate.
PFFFT I rhymed. On accident. I'm so proud of myself.

That's a good way to do it :) You're a poet and you didn't even know it!

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around XD I love rhymes! Gah!

Humm, so I think I've left all the groups I'm going to at the moment... I have two more kinda in stasis where I'm not sure if I'm going to leave or not, but I'll likely end up leaving them sometime soon. But anyways, I've cut way down on my groups so I'm happy!! Now I have more time for charrie making! ;D

Yay! That's good ^_^ I think I might clean out my groups too.

« previous 1