Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone question

The Wizarding World Harry Potter
Stenedria Stenedria Jun 02, 2016 06:56PM
Does anyone know if the Olivanders' Shop, where you get your wizarding wands, is is once of the buildings at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Can you really go in and choose your wand? Ever since finding my wand on Pottermore, I wanted so much to be able to actual have it.

I think it does. At some of the parks there are stands that have the wands of famous characters (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Draco, Snape, etc.), but they might have some other ones.

Stenedria That's excellent news. If the park in Florida does the custom made ones (like the ones on Pottermore) than that's amazing!!! ...more
Jun 03, 2016 10:57AM

Yes, you can. But the part that's set up like Olivander's is actually more the theatrical "ride". They do a demonstration where they select one person (usually a child) for a wand to 'choose its wizard'. It's fun to watch :) And there's actually 2 shops - one in the Diagon Alley section and one in the Hogsmeade section. Both fun but about the same.

But the part where you get the wand is just in the regular gift shop. They're not custom-made. You can just pick which one you want. They have most of the characters' wands. I think there may be some generic ones too with no character name on it.... Also, you can get a 'regular' wand or an interactive one that does stuff around the park.

Stenedria That sounds like fun!
Jun 05, 2016 02:05PM · flag

Aweosme. I would steal Snapeś wand doe!