Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > #MegaMadReadAThon! - Planning/Chatting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi guys,
Feel free to track your goals, progress, and books on this thread as well as chat with other participants during the ReadAThon.:)

message 2: by Jackie (last edited Jun 16, 2016 04:30PM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Tracking post:
Books I need to finish:
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
TBR:
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
The Boy with Words by C.E. Wilson
Books I need to review:
Storm and Silence (Storm and Silence, #1) by Robert Thier
unvamped by Elizabeth Stevens

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments My goal: Read The Unexpected Everything! :D

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Oh, I forgot this fell during that.:) Guess I have a goal as well.:)

message 5: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 10, 2016 11:31PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments TBR:

The Gauntlet (Cassandra Palmer #0.5) by Karen Chance Tiger's Promise (The Tiger Saga, #0.5) by Colleen Houck Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2) by Victoria Aveyard Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5) by Jessica Brody The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6) by Rae Carson The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns, #0.7) by Rae Carson Dawn of Eden (Blood of Eden #0.5) by Julie Kagawa The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen, #0.3) by Jodi Meadows Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Books Read:

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I don't really have anything planned for this yet since it will depend heavily on what I read in the next two weeks. :)

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Very true. I only know because we have a buddy read planned. :)

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yep, I know this isn't going to be the only book I read, but don't know what the others will be since I've still got two weeks.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I'm the same, I haven't got anything planned yet! I'm such a mood reader, so I have no idea what I'll want to read then

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Same. That's why I can't do challenges that have you read predetermined books or books on the spot. I am very much ruled by my mood.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Courtney wrote: "My goal: Read The Unexpected Everything! :D"

Me too. :) Thanks Courtney! :D

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Lisa wrote: "Courtney wrote: "My goal: Read The Unexpected Everything! :D"

Me too. :) Thanks Courtney! :D"

:D I hope we all love it!

message 13: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I got The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson from the library.

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Kylara wrote: "I got The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson from the library."

Yay! So it looks like we're all set. :)

message 15: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments My to read soon shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

it's books i currently have checked out from the library or books I want to read for this challenge. For the readathon I want to knock out as many library books as I have for this month's challenge.

message 16: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments That's a good goal, Kylara. I always get behind on library books. I haven't been checking many out recently because I wasn't finishing them. :/

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Can't wait for the weekend!:)

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments This starts tomorrow! Can't wait! Are you all ready?

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Updated my tracking post.:)
Hope I can get through all of that this weekend. No sleep for the reader, right? haha

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Haha, nope! I'm mostly aiming for the one. I'll also be reading my Wheel of Time book, but won't finish that. Maybe some of Red Rising. Maybe some short stories. Who knows.

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments I am really excited for this one!! My goal is to finish The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner first and then will grab a book from my TBR pile. I had left off on page 115 on The Kill Order so will go from there. And it is 1:05 a.m., so I feel like I am officially able to start. Especially since this weekend gonna be a bit busy so I need all the read time I can get! Lol Happy Reading everyone!!

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Good luck, Colleen!

message 23: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Today I want to finish my audiobook: Shards of Honor (Vorkosigan Saga, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold and two books I'm partially done with: Seven Black Diamonds (Untitled, #1) by Melissa Marr and When Books Went to War The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II by Molly Guptill Manning

message 24: by Dawnie (last edited Jun 17, 2016 08:05AM) (new)

Dawnie I have no idea how much reading I will get done this weekend, but I really hope to get at least two out of those read

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
The Stand by Stephen King
A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan
in two I don't have that huge amount to go so I hope to get those knocked out today but who knows?
And if I really get through those, I will pick something from my tbr for the month.

How is everyone's reading going so far? Or starting since in some areas it's not already lat afternoon :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Courtney wrote: "Good luck, Colleen!"

Thanks Courtney! Lol I literally knocked out after 4 pages last night..so time to get started for real.

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Good luck everyone! We have some things planned so keep an eye out for those. Also, follow our Twitter account @ChCorner2 for updates and such.

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments About to get some reading in! Might start The Unexpected Everything a day early if I can.

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jackie wrote: "Good luck everyone! We have some things planned so keep an eye out for those. Also, follow our Twitter account @ChCorner2 for updates and such."

Ooooh. I'm curious what the planned things will be. Sadly I don't use Twitter though so I'm hoping I don't have to have a twitter account to participate. :)

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm planning to either continue reading The Serpent and the Pearl (The Borgias, #1) by Kate Quinn this weekend or just read some of it and read some of my 100 pages books. :)

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments We're going to do most things through goodreads, since a lot of people don't use twitter and instagram.

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Yay! :)

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Let's have a "reading sprint" tonight! Starting at 8:30 Eastern Time for those who can participate. We'll go for two hours. Post here and let us know what you're reading, how you're liking it, how much you've read. Basically any thoughts you want to share.

I'll post occasional questions and such to keep the conversation going. Happy reading everyone!

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm in! :)

1:30 to go!!!

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yep! So at least two of us will be here. :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments If I'm around I'm in!!

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Headed to my cousins grad dinner. If it finishes early, I will join.☺️

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Twitter is just a little extra. GR is our main thing.

message 38: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Awesome guys!

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments 3 min! :)

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I've decided to start with this book The Serpent and the Pearl (The Borgias, #1) by Kate Quinn since it's a library book. :)

message 41: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yay! Gonna start with The Unexpected Everything now!

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Halfway through my first chapter. I have to stop for about 20 min for a LATE supper and then I can resume. :)

message 43: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I was eating at the beginning, so I just finished my first chapter. Really enjoying it so far!

Enjoy your meal, Bookbuyer! And the book. :)

Anyone else reading now?

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Courtney wrote: "I was eating at the beginning, so I just finished my first chapter. Really enjoying it so far!

Enjoy your meal, Bookbuyer! And the book. :)

Anyone else reading now?"

I'm back and I'm hoping to finish this chapter now. :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments So I just got in..going to resume reading The Kill Order (.5 in the Maze Runner Series). I'm on Chapter 36. This book is really sad..I guess the whole series is though at least #1 & #2 were. This book is so interesting though because it gives you a bit more info about what happened prior to those books, like what happened to the world at the beginning of the sun flares and The Flare Virus.
Now onto my reading!

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yay, Bookbuyer!

Colleen, I never could get into those but it does sound interesting! Hope you enjoy!

I'm in the middle of my next chapter. :)

message 47: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Finished chapter 8. Now on to chapter 9. :)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Courtney wrote: "Yay, Bookbuyer!

Colleen, I never could get into those but it does sound interesting! Hope you enjoy!

I'm in the middle of my next chapter. :)"

They are very melancholy but still pretty good...still a lot of unanswered questions!
How is The Unexpected Everything?

On to Chapter 37!

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 964 comments Courtney wrote: "Yay, Bookbuyer!

I'm in the middle of my next chapter. :)"

Good job! How is The Serpent and the Pearl?

message 50: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm really liking it! I've enjoyed both of her other books I've read so I have high hopes. Not much has happened yet, but it's a good setup and introduction to the characters.

« previous 1 3