Teen Critic discussion

Reading Challenges: Monthly > July, 2016 - Book Pool

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 140 comments So whoever participates in this challenge comes up with three books and a list is made with everyone's suggestion? And then we have to read as many as we can?

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 140 comments Ah ok! Cool! I'll join! But I'll let u know what books later cause I can't think of any at the moment. ;)

message 3: by Emma (last edited Jun 14, 2016 10:35AM) (new)

Emma A few questions:
-Do we just comment to sign up, or is there more we have to do?
-If we've already read one of the suggested books, do they count for our read books in the challenge? Or should they not count, since we didn't read them in July?
-To "nominate" books, should we just comment them?
If so I'd like to nominate the following books:
Blackout by Robison Wells
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
When Lightning Strikes) by Meg Cabot
Thanks!

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma René wrote: "Emma wrote: "A few questions:
-If we've already read one of the suggested books, do they count for our read books in the challenge?..."

How about Passenger by Alexandra Bracken ?

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma René wrote: "Emma wrote: "René wrote: "Emma wrote: "A few questions:
-If we've already read one of the suggested books, do they count for our re..."

Good, that's one of my favorites :)

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 9 comments René wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and The Young Elites by Marie Lu and las..."

It's a shame because I just finished snow like ashes and was looking forward to reading Ice like fire and though I'd be good if I could read it in a challenge, but no worries! If other people choose to read it and love it as much as I did I will be just as happy :D. Instead of A court of thorns and roses I'd like to add Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 9 comments René wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "René wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and [book:The Young Elites|2082111..."

Cool :D I am looking forward to this!

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and The Young Elites by Marie Lu and lastly [book:Ice Like Fire|17..."

I love A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Young Elites!!!!!! :D :D :D

message 10: by Barely Competent (new)

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 9 comments Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and The Young Elites by Marie Lu and las..."

I have not read them yet but am really looking forward to reading them!

message 11: by Barely Competent (new)

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 9 comments Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and [book:The Young Elites|2082111..."

Sounds good but I warn you I am an awfully slow reader and I'm not going to get round to that book quite yet.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma SuperCutekittycat wrote: "Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and [book:The Young E..."

That's okay, I've got a lot of book on my to-read list. I'm sure I can wait. How long ( educated- guess) do you think until you'll have the book in your hands?

message 13: by Barely Competent (new)

Barely Competent (barelycompetent) | 9 comments Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "Emma wrote: "SuperCutekittycat wrote: "I would like to add A Court of Thorns and Roses by [author:Sarah J. Maas|3433..."

I hope to have it by end August beginning of September

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) I'd like to add to the pool as well if it is not too late!

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) Sure how about Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) Ok! Are we just supposed to comment when we finish a book? Because if so...

I've already read City of Bones
I just finished The Young Elites

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) Ok I just finished another one! Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) And Done with one more! Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) Just finished another! Snow like ashes! Amazing book highly recommend! :)

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieanne627) And one more! This one I finished in one day! Since You've Been Gone! amazing book!!