Play Book Tag discussion

Kill the Dead (Sandman Slim, #2)
This topic is about Kill the Dead
June, 2016: Fantasy > Kill the Dead - Richard Kadrey (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1309 comments Kill the Dead - Richard Kadrey

4 stars

This is the second book in the Sandman Slim series. It is about James Stark (aka Sandman Slim) who was sent to Hell as a young adult (while still alive). While there he became famous fighting Helions in the fighting pits and was chosen by Lucifer to be an enforcer. In the first novel, Stark escapes from Hell determined to get revenge on those that sent him there. This book picks up where that left off. I read the first book a couple of years ago and it took me a while to remember the details of the different characters and events from that book. About half way through I was finally comfortable with who everyone was and what was going on. I like the character of Stark, he is a great anti-hero. I also like the supporting characters. They were a lot of fun and add to the character development of the main character. I also appreciate the moral ambiguity of the stories. Lucifer is not always the evil bad guy and God and the Angels may not always have the interest of man at heart. I am definitely interested in continuing the series. Some of the events from this book seem to be the type of things that happen later in these types of series, so I am curious to see where the author is going with the story.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Sounds like an interesting premise to say the least! Not that I'm looking for more fantasy books to read. I'm struggling with the one I've got.