Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

2016 Monthly Reads > June 2016 Genre Read: Science Fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1202 comments Mod
We will be reading Science Fiction this month.

There are a lot of different types of Science Fiction books out there. Have fun finding them!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

I am not sure what all I have that is considered Science Fiction but I will be starting with Daimones

message 3: by Melissa (new)

browsing the sci fy shelfs at the library left me suprised at the different kinds of books in that section. i always think space when i think of this genre but that was a small part of it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I have several Sci-Fi books on my side table: The Shalia's Diary series: Shalia's Diary: Book 1, Shalia's Diary Book 1 (Shalia's Diary, #1; World of Kalquor, #3.1) by Tracy St. John , (aliens take over world after mass destruction; somewhat erotic caution); CJ Williams' The Commander, The Commander by CJ Williams , (expansion to the stars); and E.G. Manetti's excellent (IMHO) The Cartel: The Apprentice Volume 1, The Cartel The Apprentice Volume 1 (The Twelve Systems Chronicles, #1) by E.G. Manetti , (woman's father commits a crime; the planetary society believes criminal behavior is inherited and sentences daughter to death or she may choose indentured servitude, which is considered dishonorable. She choses servitude, which includes losing all one's possessions and status in society - as a high tech analyst. Mild sexual content)

message 5: by Melissa (new)

I read Time's Edge which was an interesting book.

It has some quirky humor, cheesy romance and the beginnings of a quest to save a solar system.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but this isn't a genre I spend a lot of time in. I did find several books I thought I would enjoy reading at the library in this genre so I may be reading more of it in the future.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

The Death Cure This is the 3rd in the Maze Trilogy. Not what I would call a good ending to a series but it was shelved with Science fiction.