What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fan Mail
This topic is about Fan Mail
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult Romance - MC gets a film part but has a stalker, written in the 90's? I think she may have a 'fake' boyfriend who is a wrestler? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (luckyducky917) | 102 comments I'm looking for a book I read as a teen. I thought it might be part of the Point Horror, Point Romance or Sweet Dreams series but I can't find it.

The main character, when she was little, was asked what she wanted for Christmas. Her parents gave her catalogue but she called it a 'wish book' or something similar and pointed to a picture of a girl in a dress, her Mother asked her if she wanted the dress and the MC said that wanted to model.

So, her parents put her with an agency and that's what she did. Now she's older and has a movie part - I think it's a horror movie and it's all going fine until she gets a stalker. I think there's a scene where she's trapped in a coffin . . .

The love interest is a guy at her school, I think she has a crush on him (or vice versa) and if I remember correctly, they start a fake relationship - no clue why though. I might be wrong about that. His name may or may not be Steve.

I read it when I was 12 or 13 so around 96/97 and it didn't seem particularly dated at the time. I'm guessing it was written late 80's, early 90's?

Can't remember the cover.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:31PM) (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
A few guesses:
Fan Mail by Nicole Davidson? One reviewer on Amazon says, "Christina Ann English, child model turned young teen actress, has just received her biggest break in motion pictures. She's been chosen among dozens of other hopeful girls to costar with Kurt Richmond, a major teen heart throb, in an upcoming horror flick called "Dark Memories." ... she starts receiving harassing phone calls. And then someone breaks into her trailer several times to leave more twisted messages."

Secret Admirer by R.L. Stine?

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (luckyducky917) | 102 comments Kris wrote: "A few guesses:
Fan Mail by Nicole Davidson? One reviewer on Amazon says, "Christina Ann English, child model turned young teen actress, has just received her biggest ..."

Fan mail! Thats it! Thanks! It was driving me crazy

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Great! It pays to guess in this group.