2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > TBR Twins, June

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (last edited Jun 02, 2016 05:37PM) (new)

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Ozcose (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:38AM) (new)

Ozcose | 36 comments Dheeraj and I chose Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

message 4: by Leslie Ann (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:10PM) (new)

Leslie Ann | 208 comments Ashly and I have decided to read:
The Eye of Minds by James Dashner

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (pumpkins29) | 143 comments Anna and I are going to read The Girl on the Train.

message 6: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Saplad (otwlauri) | 137 comments Sabina and I will be reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. I'm so excited!!

The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club, #1) by Kate Jacobs

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie-somanybookssolittletime) | 52 comments Kara wrote: "Below are your TBR twins for June!
Hello!
I have been "twinned" with EvaNilla17 and we are hesitating to read a book in French ("Le vieux qui ne voulait pas fêter son anniversaire")or in English (To Kill a Mockingbird").
We'll keep you updated as soon as we took our decision next week!
Thank you for giving us this opportunity, twin reading is so great to make new friends!

message 8: by Katelyn (last edited Jun 05, 2016 10:53AM) (new)

Katelyn | 73 comments I haven't heard from Sophie. I don't think she has been online since May.

I will wait another day. I did send her a message we don't have that much in common as far a TBR she has a small list. We only have one in common that she and I haven't read. It's also a long book not sure I can commit to a chunky book either.

message 9: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Katelyn, if she doesn't show, we'll find another twin for you. Usually there are a couple of people who disappear.

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments I haven't heard from Judy yet either, but I figured it's early days. Some people probably don't check GR as often as I do!!

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Kathryn wrote: "I haven't heard from Judy yet either, but I figured it's early days. Some people probably don't check GR as often as I do!!"

Although I just saw she has been on GR since I sent her a message...

Katelyn, we have quite a few TBR'S in common so we could pair up if neither of us hears from our assigned twin...

message 12: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i sent my twin a message and never heard from her

message 13: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Tammie, Shrouk is a pretty regular participant. Please give her a couple days. Thanks!

message 14: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Kara wrote: "Tammie, Shrouk is a pretty regular participant. Please give her a couple days. Thanks!"

ok

message 15: by Taylor C (new)

Taylor C | 454 comments Laura and I have decided to read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare :)

message 16: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Jamie and I are reading Radiance. Catherynne M. Valente is one of my favorite authors, and I'm so excited for this book!

message 17: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 400 comments Jamie and I are reading Hamlet by Shakespeare.

message 18: by Smriti (last edited Jun 07, 2016 04:07AM) (new)

Smriti (santreads) | 37 comments Diane and I are reading The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. :)

message 19: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I have not got a email from my partner

message 20: by Alexxy (new)

Alexxy | 270 comments Elaine and I are reading The Nightingale

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 151 comments My beautiful twin Lonna and I will read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson

message 22: by Tiffy (new)

Tiffy (tiffy_reads) Devi and I have decided due to our mutual love of Agatha Christie we would read Hallowe'en Party.

message 23: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments I have not heard back from Cori.

message 24: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Dramapuppy & I are reading Parasite by Mira Grant

message 25: by Lauren (: (new)

Lauren (: | 75 comments I have not heard back from QueenAmidala28

message 26: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I have not heard from Shrouk

message 27: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Lauren and Tammie, could the two of you pair together? Thanks!

message 28: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie-somanybookssolittletime) | 52 comments With EvaNilla17 we are reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Lee Harper. I had seen the film a long time ago, and loved it but I didn't remember the details, so I am very happy to read it!

message 29: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Kara wrote: "Lauren and Tammie, could the two of you pair together? Thanks!"

yes if she wants to

message 30: by Lauren (: (new)

Lauren (: | 75 comments Sure!

message 31: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Lauren do you want to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

message 32: by Lauren (: (new)

Lauren (: | 75 comments Tammi, I've been wanting to read that book for a while so yes!

message 33: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Since neither Katelyn nor I heard from our original twins, we have teamed up and are going to read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

message 34: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Lauren (: wrote: "Tammi, I've been wanting to read that book for a while so yes!"

ok

message 35: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Lauren i am ready to start it today

message 36: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Claire, I'll be your twin! I'm sending a message now. :)

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ (bovisrex) | 5 comments We narrowed down our book choices to More Than This and Persuasion . Rather than choose, we decided to read both. It looks like it's going to be a fun month!

message 38: by Nethra (new)

Nethra Ram (nethraram) | 370 comments Radhive and I chose I'll Become the Sea by Rebecca Maher :)

message 39: by Ann (new)

Ann | 29 comments Anita and I are reading The Sandcastle Girls.

message 40: by Tammie (last edited Jun 12, 2016 06:58AM) (new)

Tammie Tackett Lauren and i are you reading Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

message 41: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Claire and I decided to read Elysium this month.

message 42: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 24 comments Lori and I are reading Wicked Ties by Shayla Black.

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa-juvinall) Jade and I are reading The Count of Monte Cristo. And since we have so many books in common, we may also do Don Quixote and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell after (extending the twinning as long as it takes!!)...LOL

message 44: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Wow, those are some big books! I'm planning on reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell at some point this year, so we could even do a buddy read for that if you wanted.

message 45: by Ashly (last edited Jun 15, 2016 05:33PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 159 comments Lesie and I read The Eye of Minds

We both had different opinons on the book. I really enjoyed the plot, it was fast paced and had lots of action. I was not expecting the plot twist at the end. Leslie didn't really like the characters because they weren't great characters and the plot was confusing to her. We both agreed that Michael was too calm at the end when he learned the truth about himself. I gave it 4 Stars. Leslie gave it 2 1/2 Stars.

This is my first time doing this, I hope it's good. :)

message 46: by Brandi (last edited Jun 15, 2016 08:49PM) (new)

Brandi | 61 comments Kellie and I decided on A Court of Mist and Fury by S.J. Maas.

message 47: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Dramapuppy and I read Parasite by Mira Grant.

Dramapuppy like some readers (who review the book) had some trouble getting into the book. She said she is torn between giving it 2 or 3 stars. I gave it 3 stars and liked it a lot (but I rare give 4 stars).

She said "It's certainly intriguing! I'm really interested in the plot, and I care about the characters. I'm just not overly impressed with the writing." She also said "I'm really interested in the plot, and I care about the characters. I'm just not overly impressed with the writing." but she didn't like the second half of the book. She didn't like how "the flow of information felt off. .. like the twenty pages... where they just spew information are a huge pet peeve of mine. The tension was still high, though, and I never got bored. "

I, on the other hand still enjoy the works of Mira Grant. I enjoyed her Feed series and found some parts remind me of her Feed series. I found some parts predictable but I like the twist. I want to finish the trilogy to see where it goes so I'll pick up the 2nd book and the last one eventually.

message 48: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments I just realized that neither Cassandra nor I reported our thoughts on Elysium, so here goes:

In a word, we both thought this book was amazing! It's very complex, so it's difficult to convey without spoilers, but it's essentially a dystopian story with a lot of interplay between characters who may or may not actually be part of a computer program. (You get that very early on, so I don't think that's saying too much!) There is a great deal of symbolism, quite a few plot twists that leave you scratching your head, and a satisfying conclusion. We had so much fun talking about this one, and I think we could probably re-read it and come up with a lot more to discuss! Not only that, it was a fun read as well!

We both agreed it was brilliantly done, and deserved 5 stars.

message 49: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Saplad (otwlauri) | 137 comments Hi, all! Sabina and I read The Friday Night Knitting Club together. She is the best twin EVER! Very patient and kind and insightful. I enjoyed the book very much -- rated it 4 stars. It wasn't as light and fluffy as I first imagined. It's a wonderful look at interpersonal relationships and second chances. I will definitely read this author again and I look forward to more TBR Twins in my future!

message 50: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Kelly (goodreadscomsjaskelly) | 101 comments right back atcha twinnie!

« previous 1