Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

General Info About HP Books > Please help! Does anyone know how to get rid of vintage Harlequin Presents books?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Hi, I have a set of vintage Harlequin Presents books (approximately 750 in total) from the late 70's, and I need to free up some space in my house. Any ideas on who might take these? Or who may want to buy them?

message 2: by willaful (last edited Jun 02, 2016 03:23PM) (new)

willaful | 344 comments You could try an ad on Craiglist. Failing that, ebay, but of course that would require packing them up. There are definitely people who would want them, but probably not booksellers, so connecting with those people might be hard.

message 3: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 278 comments Do you have a Bookmans, Half-Price books or something similar. You might get cash or trade credit.

message 4: by Melanie♥ (last edited Jun 03, 2016 08:24AM) (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 180 comments Half-Price would probably give a very paltry sum for the books. I've found their offers on older books to be insultingly low. I took a batch there a few years ago and walked out of the store with them after a ridiculously low offer. I took them straight to the library and donated them.

message 5: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 180 comments I collect the older 70s-90s HPs. How much do you want to sell them for? I might be interested but I'd have to think on it. I don't think I'd have space for 750 and many would likely be duplicates. I am a book hoarder LOL!

message 6: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Stefan | 16 comments Are you able to give authors/titles? I might be interested in some of them but I don't think I have enough space for 750 books! My husband will be furious with me :P

message 7: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Stefan | 16 comments I'd be interested in the 80's-90's HP's btw...

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments My husband catalogued them by title and author, unfortunately his handwriting isn't the greatest. I could scan them and send them to you if you are interested. I would like to sell them for $1/book, or feel free to make an offer.

message 9: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 180 comments Stacy, sorry, way out of my price range. Hope you find them a nice home. Someone will really appreciate such an extensive collection.

message 10: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Stefan | 16 comments Hi Stacy, I will send you a private message with my email address. Im sure I'll be able to decipher the handwriting

message 11: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Stefan | 16 comments hopefully I can decipher, lol!

message 12: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Tatiana wrote: "hopefully I can decipher, lol!"

Hi Tatiana, I still haven't received a PM with your email address.
Thanks!

message 13: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Stefan | 16 comments I tried to send a message but it says you are not accepting messages. I just realized are you in the US or HongKong?

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Hi, I am in the US and just changed my settings, so that I can accept PM's.

Thanks!