Play Book Tag discussion

June, 2016: Fantasy > The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury, 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments The Sin Eater’s Daughter was a free download though the summer Sync program. I was happy to see it was labeled fantasy so it fit the PBT for June. I also wanted to check it out to see if it was appropriate for an 11 y/o granddaughter. The story is interesting to listen to, the reader did a fine job. The story included romance, the heroine being rescued, fairy tale type, but also included kissing, passionate kissing, lying in bed together--clothes off compromising situations. There is some violence but not with great detail (knowledge that people are being hunted by dogs). There is the premise that there are no god(s) and the idea is useful for people that need to believe and a way to control the people. So a parents should examine those issues before they have their children read the book. What I did like was the ending. It confronts the issue of females needing a shining knight to rescue them when they can do it themselves and that being alone is not the same as being lonely. A great thing for young ladies to learn. For that reason, teens might benefit from reading this book.

message 2: by Megalion (new)

Megalion | 484 comments I love everything you've said about the story being empowering. Where is this summer sync program?

message 3: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments Megalion wrote: "I love everything you've said about the story being empowering. Where is this summer sync program?" http://www.audiobooksync.com/