Constant Collectible discussion

Questions for you > What Are You Watching?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon (c_collectible) | 40 comments Mod
With so much content on TV, Netflix, Amazon and more what are you watching?

message 2: by Simon (new)

Now I am a cord cutter and my main source of content is Netflix and YouTube and I purchase content from iTunes. With that being said I am currently watching Season 5 of Hell on Wheels, Wallander and I am about to jump in season 2 of Peaky Blinders. I am also re-watching The Clone Wars with my 6yr old daughter who is hooked.

message 3: by Simon (new)

@Mary might I suggest the Wallander novel series then watch the series on Netflix starring Kenneth Branagh.

message 4: by Simon (new)

@Mary Not sure of prime, but the last few episodes are on PBS

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (writermags) I just finished watching Quantico (ABC), which had a really cool concept at first but the second half of the series really suffered. Other than that, I've been keeping up with season 5 of Person of Interest and rewatching White Collar when I have the time.

(I did try to get into Agents of Shield recently too, but I wasn't all that interested to be honest)

message 6: by Simon (new)

@Maggie I have slowed on POI and White Collar is great and I too have been disappointed with AOS since the beginning.

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherine23) | 43 comments I LOVE Castle and Agent Carter, but they were both cancelled!! ;(

@Maggie and Simon I too watch Agents of Shield! I like it, but it doesn't captivate me the way Agent Carter did. I don't relate to very many of the characters. I was terribly disappointed that ABC didn't pick up Marvel's Most Wanted, because I actually loved Bobbi and Hunter!

message 8: by Chad (new)

Chad | 3 comments Mod
I watched the first several seasons of Castle, sucked how it got cancelled.
I still like Agents of Shield! It has its lows but I'm confident it'll perk back up.
I too was saddened that Agent Carter was cancelled, my wife even loved the show!
There's a couple SyFy shows I like too. Dark Matter is pretty cool, Face Off is really badass.
Fixer Upper on HGTV is a favorite.
Can't forget Game of Thrones...... WINTER IS COMING!!
And finally..... Star Wars Rebels!!

So, what's everyone reading currently?

message 9: by Faye (new)

Faye Fite Simon wrote: "With so much content on TV, Netflix, Amazon and more what are you watching?"

I'm currently watching Murdoch Mysteries, but I'm looking for some new shows to try. Does anyone know when Agent Carter is coming to Netflix? I haven't seen it yet, but want to try.

I watched the first episode of Agents of Shield when it first started and couldn't bring myself to go any further than that. =] Wallander looks cool, Simon. I'll check it out.

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherine23) | 43 comments @Chad HGTV is the best!! I've watched hundreds of hours of House Hunters, Design on a Dime, and everything else on there! I do still like Agents of Shield too...

Does anyone watch The Last Ship on TNT? I know some episodes, especially initially, are super cheesy, but it gets so intense!

I also recently watched the four-part drama Doctor Thorne on Amazon Prime, which is based on that book. Julian Fellowes did it and it's really cool!

message 11: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherine23) | 43 comments @Mary I watched it when I was really little with my mom! I live on the East Coast too, so you're not missing it! It got canceled quite a few years ago, but I have such fond memories!

message 12: by Simon (new)

@hannanh not sure on agent carter for Netflix, but we should see the July solicitations mid June which I will post.

@goody Rebels and GOT for sure, but I am behind a season of GOT. We also love Chip and JoJo, but have to wait for more episodes on Netflix

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace Crandall | 26 comments At the moment, Supernatural has me hooked :)

message 14: by lorien (new)

lorien I'm currently watching a '80s show called the A-Team. I believe that they have it on Netflix. I'm also watching a '90s show called Animaniacs. They're just hilarious. In this show you can actually get the joke rather than today where if they say a joke you're like 'What?! How was that a joke?' That's why I like those shows.

message 15: by Simon (new)

@Lorein A-Team is one of the greats.

message 16: by lorien (new)

lorien Simon wrote: "@Lorein A-Team is one of the greats."

Yes! Even though I'm only a teenager, I've enjoyed watching The A-team. My favorite characters are B.A. And Murdock. Which characters do you like?

message 17: by Simon (new)

Lorien wrote: "Simon wrote: "@Lorein A-Team is one of the greats."

Yes! Even though I'm only a teenager, I've enjoyed watching The A-team. My favorite characters are B.A. And Murdock. Which characters do you like?"

Howling Mad Murdock was always my favorite. I really enjoyed the movie adaptation they did and I hope they do another one.

message 18: by Simon (new)

Well I have decided to give Agents of Shield another try and I guess it's not that bad.

message 19: by lorien (new)

lorien Simon wrote: "Lorien wrote: "Simon wrote: "@Lorein A-Team is one of the greats."

Yes! Even though I'm only a teenager, I've enjoyed watching The A-team. My favorite characters are B.A. And Murdock. Which charac..."

I haven't see the movie but I think I would prefer the '80s version because sometime when they do a movie they make it worse. I really don't like that.

message 20: by lorien (last edited Jul 04, 2016 06:50AM) (new)

lorien I heard from my brother that stores will be selling bobble heads of the A-Team! I hope this is true because I'll probably buy either Hannibal or B.A. . I can't wait!

message 21: by Simon (new)

@Lorien Pop Vinyl makes them. http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hit...

message 22: by lorien (new)

lorien Simon wrote: "@Lorien Pop Vinyl makes them. http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hit..."

Great! Thanks! How do you post a link? I'm on a mobile.

message 23: by Chad (new)

Chad | 3 comments Mod
I love me some Bob Ross!! Such an awesome Painter!!

A-Team is definitely a classic, and Murdoc is also one of my favorites.

So sad that they cancelled Agent Carter.

If you all have the SyFy channel, check out Dark Matter, really interesting.

Hey Katherine.... How is Last Ship?! I haven't watched it and have wanted to give it a try.

Good to see this chat still going too btw!! You all rock!

message 24: by lorien (last edited Jul 06, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

lorien I'm watching three shows called The Lawrence Welk Show,Hawaii 5-0, and Adam 12. I love watching all these shows and the music in Lawrence Welk is just amazing! Hawaii 5-0 is definitely a good cop show and so is Adam 12 because in Adam 12 it's actual events that took place so I thought that was pretty neat. Who knows? Maybe they'll make bobble heads from Hawaii 5-0. That would be soooo neat! Lorien over and out! ; )

message 25: by Simon (new)

For those of you who enjoy The CW and what they have to offer the have a new deal with Netflix. https://constantcollectible.com/2016/.... Also I will have a story up tomorrow about what The CE will do with Season One of Super Girl.

message 26: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherine23) | 43 comments @ Chad I actually haven't been home this entire season so far, so I haven't seen any of the third season yet ! :(

The first two seasons are good- the first season is really, really cheesy initially, but then it gets good!!

message 27: by lorien (new)

lorien I've been watching a cooking show Tina Nördstrom and a painting show called Bob Ross. So far I'm enjoying both!

message 28: by Jasey (new)

Jasey | 4 comments My brothers and I have been watching Voltron for the past couple of weeks since it's by the the same people who made Avatar: The Last Airbender, and we just recently finished BtVS. It took us forever though!

message 29: by lorien (new)

lorien Jasey wrote: "My brothers and I have been watching Voltron for the past couple of weeks since it's by the the same people who made Avatar: The Last Airbender, and we just recently finished BtVS. It took us forev..."

Yay! Someone else has also watched Voltron. Are you watching the old or new version?

message 30: by Simon (new)

I started watching the new Voltron and made it 4 episodes in and need to jump back in. I am currently on season 2 of Penny Dreadful. This is a great show for those of you who enjoy League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

message 31: by Jasey (new)

Jasey | 4 comments Lorien wrote: "Jasey wrote: "My brothers and I have been watching Voltron for the past couple of weeks since it's by the the same people who made Avatar: The Last Airbender, and we just recently finished BtVS. It..."

We're watching the newer one and just finished E11 last night. We mostly just started watching it because the writing was familiar, but now we're hooked!

message 32: by lorien (new)

lorien Well by brothers and I watched most of the old Voltron and a little bit of the new one.
I'm also watching The Bill Cosby Show.

message 33: by Simon (new)

Just started watching Stranger Things on Netflix. If you are a fan of the 80's Spielberg then I think you will enjoy.

message 34: by lorien (last edited Aug 01, 2016 06:16AM) (new)

lorien The Brady Bunch. So far I like Jan, Peter, and Greg Brady. ; )

message 35: by emrys (new)

emrys merlin | 5 comments ValiantPevensie4 wrote: "My favorite show is probably BBC's Merlin. I also love BBC's Sherlock! I've watched all through the 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors on Doctor Who but it's not one of my top shows. I watch a lot of old ..."

Yes!!! I too love Merlin. *High fives*

message 36: by Simon (new)

Finished several shows and I am now going to start watching Man in the high castle. I am also currently watching Star Wars Rebels and Westworld.

message 37: by Grace (new)

Grace Crandall | 26 comments @Simon oh man, I LOVED Stranger Things. They managed the 80's aesthetic surprisingly well, and it was so awesome how flawed and yet likable (almost) all of the characters were :D

At the moment, I'm watching the Netflix Luke Cage series. the first episode was hard to get past, what with all the rampant unheroic skulduggery going on, but once the heroism kicks in, it's a really epic show :D

Also, I've recently been turned on to the original Star Trek series, so I've been attempting to get into that...so far it's fun :)

message 38: by Simon (new)

@Grace I can not wait until season 2 of f Stranger Things. Luke Cage was ok, but Daredevil has been my favorite so far. I just started Man in the High Castle and it's ok and as everyone always says "the book is better"

message 39: by Grace (new)

Grace Crandall | 26 comments @Simon Daredevil was awesome! Season one is still one of my absolute favorites--I was pretty disappointed in complete turnaround of the show's philosophy that took place in season two, but I'm still excited to see where it'll go next :D