Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

What happened to the other victors?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Najma In the quarter quell tributes were chosen from the existing victors. only a pair of tributes were chosen from each district. So what happened to the other victors? Were they in the plan of defying the capitol? Probably one of them from each district was mentoring tributes. So do you think they were in the plan? What happened to them after the tributes escaped?
Your opinions?

Jeff From the movies, it sounded like the other tributes were not part of the plan and were killed. I don't remember any mention of them (or their fate) in the books.

Najma Jeff wrote: "From the movies, it sounded like the other tributes were not part of the plan and were killed. I don't remember any mention of them (or their fate) in the books."

I am not talking about the tributes who died in the quarter quell. I am talking about the victors who were weren't even reaped, like haymitch. They were probably mentoring johanna, finnick, mags, beetee, wiress etc

Jeff After Snow's capture, in the last movie, Coin indicated that all the remaining tributes --those we are familiar with--were seated at the table with her. And Snow had earlier said that all of the victors should be eliminated, so I assumed the rest were. But again, I don't remember any of that from the book.