The Online Book Cafe discussion

What you're reading in June!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

New Jersey State Library (newjerseystatelibrary) | 48 comments Mod
Hello! Once more, come on in, and talk about what you're reading!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (paintedpixels) | 10 comments I just finished reading Star Wars Bloodline by Claudia Gray which I really enjoyed (her previous book Star Wars Lost Stars was quite good as well). I'm also currently reading Little Brother by Cory Doctorow, which is an amazing read that I plan on recommending to everyone.

Paul wrote: "I just finished reading Star Wars Bloodline by Claudia Gray which I really enjoyed (her previous book Star Wars Lost Stars was quite good as well). I'm also currently reading Little Brother by Cory..."

Nice! Thanks for sharing, Paul!

A Man Called Destruction The Life and Music of Alex Chilton, From Box Tops to Big Star to Backdoor Man by Holly George-Warren
I just finished this. It's a really interesting biography of musician Alex Chilton; it was a bit of a rough read, in many ways - Alex Chilton appears to have been a very complicated man, to put it mildly. But I recommend it, especially if you either a) like Alex Chilton, or b) like biographies about musicians that you're not familiar with.

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 6 comments Hi! I've been searching for a group of readers near me and just found this one. Right now I'm reading "The Bone Tree" by Greg Iles and, so far, I like it better than "Natchez Burning" which is the book that preceeded it.

Last month, I read "Cold Shot", by Mark E. Henshaw; "Bad Blood" by John Sandford; "Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me", by Ron Miscavige: and "The Kill Rood" by Jeffery Deaver. Has anyone here read any of these? If so, what did you think?

Happy reading!

Kathleen wrote: "Hi! I've been searching for a group of readers near me and just found this one. Right now I'm reading "The Bone Tree" by Greg Iles and, so far, I like it better than "Natchez Burning" which is the ..."

Hi, Kathleen - thanks for joining! I have to admit, I've not read any of those titles! I lean towards non-fiction, though the occasional mystery/thriller does sneak through. "Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me" sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing your reads with us!