Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Happy to swap beta reads: 44,000 word Thriller / Spec Fic

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm happy to beta swap with any writers who think they might be interested in this book:

"Burial" is a speculative fiction thriller. It’s the story of Madeline, a high desert con woman who dupes dim-witted targets in the small town of Victorville. She makes a few hundred dollars here and there; she burns bridges pretty much everywhere. Then she has a stroke of luck: she walks into a bank that’s being robbed and happens to recognize one of the robbers. It’s her chance to make real money.

The problem? She’s short in stature and short on friends. Bank robbers won’t just hand cash to a little girl with a gun. That’s when she remembers Ernesto.

Ernesto is a mute ex-con and a dive bar bouncer. He’s perfect for the plan Madeline has in mind, with one exception: he’s dedicated himself to living peacefully after committing a crime that haunts his conscience. But she knows a mark when she sees one, and she convinces him that his only choices are to help her or watch her get hurt.

Together, Madeline and Ernesto tail the bank robbers on a bizarre trip through the desert's criminal underworld and Ernesto's past. Along the way, they find their relationship is changing - Madeline has met the first man she can really trust, Ernesto has met the first woman who can lift his burden of his guilt. When it becomes clear that her plan isn’t going to work, they have to decide how much their friendship is worth.

"Burial" is set in a surreal Southern California not too far in the future. Prize Chihuahuas have been bred to grow bat wings; artists have taken their works out of galleries and into the skies. It’s a place where everyone is in over their heads, even those who stand on the shoulders of suckers.

message 2: by Lincoln (new)

Lincoln (Lm083645) | 17 comments Hi Ted,

I'd be happy to beta swap for your spec fic thriller. Your write-up sounds very interesting! Feel free to email me when you have the chance: Lm083645@gmail.com