The Post Card Exchange discussion

Hi Everyone!!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy | 13 comments I couldn't find a topic for newbies..hope its ok I post

So I am new to this group. I have always loved getting snail mail--sadly--just barely ever do. Then one day im doing my browsing on Goodreads, and find this group!!
I'm curious-where does everyone get there postcards? Are there any websites that sell cute and unique ones?

So I just wanted to say and cant wait to look around the group and start sending mail :)

message 2: by Rift (new)

Rift Vegan (riftvegan) | 417 comments Mod
Hi Christy,
Postcards are fun! Tourist type postcards can usually be found at your local UPS/FedEx/package mailing shop. The gift shop at museums will also have some great pcs. Amazon has many different kinds of sets of postcards. You can have your own photos or designs printed at sites like VistaPrint or Zazzle. Many different kinds of options available online!

Happy Day,
rift

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 178 comments You can get some at bookstores too

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill V (artsyjill) | 159 comments I ordered a bunch from amazon and also purchase a small pad of ones from Michaels that you can color in/design your own made from watercolor paper already having lines for the message and address on them

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 216 comments I have found some really cool vintage postcards at antique shops for under $1.00

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy | 13 comments Does anyone in this group belong to or heard of Postcrossing?
I've seen people talk about it before and see a lot of people on Instagram that do it

message 7: by Tynesha (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:11PM) (new)

Tynesha | 31 comments Christy wrote: "Does anyone in this group belong to or heard of Postcrossing?
I've seen people talk about it before and see a lot of people on Instagram that do it"

Yeah I heard of and know someone close who uses postcrossing and it's basically about sending postcards to strangers worldwide. Swap-bot has a similar feature too but it's more on swapping in general not only exclusively pc swapping

message 8: by Lynda (new)

Lynda (lyndamr) | 18 comments Christy wrote: "Does anyone in this group belong to or heard of Postcrossing?
I've seen people talk about it before and see a lot of people on Instagram that do it"

I actually found out about this group from a postcrosser friend, I'd not heard of it though I used Goodreads all the time.

message 9: by Mia (new)

Mia | 109 comments Mod
Hi Christy. Info is available at: https://www.postcrossing.com/about. I have been a member for about two years and have sent and received postcards to/from places as close as San Diego (I live in L.A.) and as far as Iran, South Africa and Malaysia. Cheers!

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy | 13 comments That's cool

message 11: by Mia (new)

Mia | 109 comments Mod
One issue is that postage rates for international mail are pretty high-($1.15 per postcard or 1 oz. letter) so it can get to be an expensive hobby if you send out a lot of postcards. But the good thing is that you can send as many as you like each month starting with the option of sending about 5.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25 comments Hi Everyone! I'm new to this group, and as I do penpal with people around the UK area who are crafty, I would like to penpal with a whole range of folk around the world as well. I found this place from typing in penpals as the search term, and am so glad I found it. If I was going to send a postcard, I would be more inclined to send one I had made myself as standard postcards might get lost in the post as they are so small.

message 13: by Tracy Marie (new)

Tracy Marie (whatawhimsicallife) Christy wrote: "Does anyone in this group belong to or heard of Postcrossing?

Yes, I am a member there too. :)

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments I love postcrossing! I've taken the summer off bc my time and money is pretty much spent for the whole season but it's been amazing and fun being a postcrosser