Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Swoony Awards & Swoon Fest > HEABC Awards (Swoonys)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
So, I've been thinking it'd be fun to host our own annual book awards and was wondering what you all thought of the idea? I was thinking we could have a few different categories (best YA, best contemporary, best new release or new author and best book of the year). We would have our members submit their favorite books in each genre and then have votes on the finalists. Does this sound like something you would have fun participating in?

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarahart5) | 43 comments This does sound fun!! I love "people's choice" type awards for anything...especially books!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 188 comments Mod
I think it sounds like a great idea!

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kahumokuohana) | 36 comments I think it sounds fun too.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Great! Now we have to think of a catchy name. Maybe the Swoonys or something. ;) I think it'd be fun to normally host it earlier in the year, but maybe we can do a trial one in the next few weeks. Any suggestions on how to do the polls?

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarahart5) | 43 comments Haha, Swoonys! Love it :)

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kahumokuohana) | 36 comments Definitely Swoonys!!!

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Swoonys!!!!! How do you come up with such awesome ideas? Love this idea and I love the award name. Classic HEABC!!

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 198 comments That does sound fun and I love "The Swoonys!"

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Is anyone artistically inclined and willing to do 2-3 logo designs? Then we can vote on which one we like the most?

I think it'd be fun to have the official awards this Januray, but maybe we can do some mini voting to get the kinks out and get everything figured out.

message 11: by Annette (new)

Annette (annetteklarsen) | 85 comments What a fun idea! And I love the name. So appropriate.

message 12: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 14 comments Kathy wrote: "Is anyone artistically inclined and willing to do 2-3 logo designs? Then we can vote on which one we like the most?

I think it'd be fun to have the official awards this Januray, but maybe we can ..."

I'd like to help out; I could submit some designs if you'd like. I do my book own covers so I'm used to using Corel Draw.

When would you need them by?

And what exactly would you like written on them???