No Judgement Book Club discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
Young Adult > How much did we LOVE THIS BOOK!?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca Hawkins-Lee (beccainabook) | 102 comments Mod
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! This book! Discuss! I need people to talk to about this!!!

Elisabetta (sirwatshon) | 26 comments I loved ACOTAR and I didn't think in the slightest I would have! I've got to thank this book club for giving me the chance of reading this book because without it I don't think I would ever had read it and omg I can't even think what a huge mistake that would've been! I loved everything from the writing style to, of course, the story itself. Feyre made me roll my eyes a couple of times (or more tbh) at the beginning when she did the exact opposite of what she was told, but I appreciated her as the book went on. I loved the relationships with the various characters, and the world was very well-built and believable. I can't wait to read ACOMAF! :D

Frida (leothil) | 5 comments I was actually really underwhelmed by it. After all the hype I was left feeling disappointed and gave it a three-star meh. The characters were nice, the story was nice, the setting was nice, but I didn't feel like anything of it was groundbreaking or extremely well done. And to be honest, I think the false story Feyre first was told was more believable than the truth.

Jennifer (genoveffa) | 48 comments Been a while, but I definitely enjoyed this book. When it ended, I was kind of hoping that the Feyre and Tamlin story was over and we would move onto different characters. I wasn't sure whether I wanted Rhys to figure in a relationship with Feyre or how that would work as felt the book was pretty wrapped up apart from the bargain at the end. Reading book 2 now, so happy to see that Maas worked some magic to make it transition well. Was it my favourite book by Maas? No, but I also find that I'm getting a bit annoyed with the way the Throne of Glass series is dragging along. Not sure I can handle another reminder that she is Celaena Sardothien, famous assassin, etc. So, this was a refreshing change of pace and characters.