Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
This topic is about What Kills Me
Book of the Month > June BOM - What Kills Me

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
We have a two way tie for BOM, In the sport of traditional tie breakers, I had my 13 year old flip a coin and the winner was who is listed. She thought the cover was pretty too. . I can't wait to see what people think of this book!

Here is the synopsis:
An ancient prophecy warns of a girl destined to cause the extinction of the vampire race.

So when 17-year-old Axelia falls into a sacred well filled with blood and emerges a vampire, the immortal empire believes she is this legendary destroyer. Hunted by soldiers and mercenaries, Axelia and her reluctant ally, the vampire bladesmith Lucas, must battle to survive.

How will she convince the empire that she is just an innocent teenager-turned bloodsucker and not a creature of destruction? And if she cannot, can a vampire who is afraid of bugs summon the courage to fight a nation of immortals?

message 2: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (last edited Jun 06, 2016 02:40PM) (new) - added it

Amyiw | 1082 comments Mod
OK, I was going to say that I didn't have it and as a young adult book, I was going to bow out but... it is a freebee Kindle book so depending on my crazy schedule, (in the middle of buying a house) I'll try to get this read in. It has got great reviews. I really wish we got Charlie Madigan as that has been on my TBR quite a while.

https://www.amazon.com/What-Kills-Me-...

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
i was offered to read this book by the author. we have previously promoted this author as well.
i think i'm going to have to check out every single book again.
as this book technically should not have made it past nominations. (my mistake for not checking )
it doesn't seem to be readily available except to people who have a smashwords, amazon, or itunes account. oh it is available at barnes and noble. but i believe they are exclusively American . so our members who arent from america have to get ebook version.
i apologize to the members who have encountered this problem. i know a lot of you are paperback/hardcover lovers, and there are some who even refuse to read ebooks. there is a thought, i am going to go and set up a topic to find out just how many of you prefer what format. and I'll be back with a link to the topic. oh and my review to this book too!

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Here is the topic i promised:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

My review was incomplete so i'm going to read the book again.