Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two authors with the same name lumped together

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Gager (chrisinmaine) | 2 comments The second one of these issues I ran into recently ... Tamsyn Van Vuuren helped me with the other but wants me to seek expert librarian help for this one - I guess she's busy. I am a librarian and I suppose could fix this if I knew how. Anyway, Eugene Walter was the name of a prolific playwright of the early 20th century AND a much more recent raconteur and writer. Both writer's books are listed under the more recent Eugene Walter in the author look-up.

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3671 comments A good first step would be identifying which book goes with each other. Are you able to do that?

The next step would be disambiguating the authors by adding an extra space to the name for one of them.

I apologize if that's not the information you were looking for. If you can provide a starting place, though, we can begin to separate the works into two author profiles.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 1 comments There's a Librarian's note that there's multiple authors in the database with the same name for Elizabeth Vaughan. I wanted to let you know she uses Elizabeth A. Vaughan in Warprize, in case you want to change it so it's not a duplicate.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Thanks from a fan!

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Gager (chrisinmaine) | 2 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "A good first step would be identifying which book goes with each other. Are you able to do that?

The next step would be disambiguating the authors by adding an extra space to the name for one of ..."

Sounds good to me. I'll get back to you when I have a bit more time. Meanwhile I'll do some cross-checking with wiki as to which books go to which author. This is not a BIG problem in Goodreads but it does come up once in while.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Warprize (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Vaughan (other topics)