What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Book about Dragons trying to find their Humans to bond with

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 1 comments I read this book first back in 1995 (or close to it). In what I remember of the book, children are born with dragon birthmarks(?) and the dragon looks for them to bond for some reason. I know there was shape-shifter of sort in the book, but I cannot remember if it was the main character/human in the story or someone else.

The main kid has a sister a big black dragon is looking for her. Also, the dragons build nests and eat by fishing for sharks.

That is all I have got. :)

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2231 comments Hmmm. Anne McCaffrey's Pern series features dragons bonding with humans (e.g. Dragonquest) but I don't think there are black dragons or shapeshifters.

Was the book new when you read it, or older? Was it aimed at younger readers or an adult book? Do you recall what the central conflict of the book was -- was it the dragon's search for its mate, or trying to defeat a Big Bad, or a coming of age type story, or...?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2231 comments A sort of similar book was requested and solved here; any chance that's yours too?

Then there's this request, which isn't yet solved but if it sounds similar to yours you might want to watch that thread too.

message 4: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 269 comments Nightpool and its sequels by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2231 comments Nightpool for the clicky.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36887 comments Mod
Robyn, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Did you check out "Nightpool"?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36887 comments Mod
No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.