Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta reader wanted for Chick-lit

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Guys, I'm writing outside my normal genre and want to make sure I'm on the right track.
Book's genre - Chick-lit, with hints of comedy, romance, and drama
Word count Unfinished - I have the first 15K (hoping to finish around 40K
Kinds of sex scenes : None
Level of violence Mild
Possible triggers: (The MC as a child was hurt by her stepfather, who killed her mother).

Jolie Winters won't admit it to herself but she want's true love. She dearly misses her ex, who had been sleeping around on her, after proposing marriage. Her cousin Debbie, who is more like a sister persuades her to try blind dates and on-line dating with disastrous results.

Thanks in advance :D

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 22 comments I'm willing to take a look at it. What genres do you typically write in? I am looking for a beta reader myself. I had a lady here volunteer to take a look at my content, but it turned out to be a failure. Not only did she not read within my genre (historical romance/fiction), but she didn't bother to finish the chapters I sent her. And this was right after I posted what kind of genre I write in.

Anyhow, if you're interested, email me the first couple chapters at authorannamarie@yahoo.com. I do enjoy chick-lit. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Anna

I normally write dark fiction, Horror, Mystery-Thrillers Etc.
I don't normally read historical fiction but I am willing to take a look at it.

I'll email you now.

D

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. | 2 comments Hi, I'm happy to take a look at it for you. I'm a (mature) applied writing student and find beta reading helps to sharpen my editing 'eye'. Let me know if there's anything specific you want me to comment on, otherwise I'm happy to just give general feedback. My email is steven_kathy@xtra.co.nz.

Kathy

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "I'm willing to take a look at it. What genres do you typically write in? I am looking for a beta reader myself. I had a lady here volunteer to take a look at my content, but it turned out to be a f..."

Did you get the file Anna?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathy wrote: "Hi, I'm happy to take a look at it for you. I'm a (mature) applied writing student and find beta reading helps to sharpen my editing 'eye'. Let me know if there's anything specific you want me to c..."

Thanks Kathy, I'll send it over :)