Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Runes (Runes, #1)
This topic is about Runes
Previous BOTM threads > RUNES by Ednah Walters

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Jun 03, 2016 02:54PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Greetings Lovers of Paranormal!

The nominations have been tabulated, and the randomizer favorited the popular choice this month, Runes by Ednah Walters, so let's get the discussion thread going :-)

And remember, this book is *PERMAFREE* on many online distribution platforms!

Runes (Runes, #1) by Ednah Walters

Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about him. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only is she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.

ARE YOU READING RUNES? Shout it out in the discussion thread below, find some book buddies to read along, and discuss your impressions as you read through the book. Just remember to be kind and use the spoiler html so you don't ruin the fun for somebody who isn't as far along.

Be epic!

Anna Erishkigal
LOP BOTM / R2R-MOD

Ednah Walters (Authorednah) | 1 comments Thank you for choosing RUNES... eeeep!!! Thanks to those who chose my book

Ednah

Chelsea Hudgens (chelseahudgens) | 1 comments I've completed the series and no spoiler here, but you won't be able to put the book down its that good. Xo

message 4: by Louise (new)

Louise Johnson (louka1975) | 28 comments I've not ever taken part in a group read before so I thought I might give it a try x

message 5: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
It's free. There's nothing to lose...

[*except sleep*]

Mwah-hah-hah!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I downloaded it for free will give it a try after I finish the book I'm reading

Carolyn (ladyashlene) Just started reading it. Definitely good so far. :)

Carolyn (ladyashlene) I was a little busy this week, but once I started reading it yesterday I couldn't put it down. Just finished it this morning. I really loved this book and already started the next one in the series. Raine was a breath of fresh air for a YA heroine. I felt she broke out of that typical teenager mold and had so much depth. Oh man, and Torin. I can't even begin to describe how much I loved him. The author really created a wonderful cast of believable characters and I enjoyed how there was mystery and suspense about what Raine was dealing with. The whole second half was one huge shocker after another. I can't wait to keep reading and see what happens next.

What are you guys thinking so far?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved Runes! I finished it and the next 3 quickly! I'm 50 years old and I have to agree with Carolyn....Raine is perfect for a YA heroine. Torin is adorable and just wait for Echo! Loving the story line so far....I can't get enough of the Norse mythology

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Runes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ednah Walters (other topics)