Progressive Political Talk discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alberto (last edited Jun 02, 2016 07:52AM) (new)

Alberto Pupo | 2 comments Mod
Hello,

My name is Alberto Pupo and this is my group about Progressive Politics. If you want biographical information you can see and follow my authors Profile. If you have the time please check out my book 50 Shades of Progress http://amzn.to/1QlrEBo

So as we wait for other members to join please introduce yourself briefly on this general thread. Thanks and welcome.

I forgot to mention to feel free to invite as many of your friends who are into progressive politics.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Switzer (goodreadscombrian_switzer) Brian Switzer here, from the Theocratic Republic of Oklahoma where people show how deep their love of Christ runs by not following any of his teachings. Our legislature has heard talk of some document called 'the constitution' but they can't find it in the Old Testament of their bibles so they pay it no mind. Oklahoma, where White Christian Heterosexual Men struggle every day to return this country to a version of the 1950s that exists only in their minds- when men were men, women did as they were told and the darkies, fags, and meskins knew their place.

I've been following Albert on Facebook for about for years. He's a smart, dedicated thinker. And he's a fighter.

I look forward to reading the posts here, and getting to know the posters.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jmssesq) | 1 comments Hi, I am NY-based civil rights/ labor and employment attorney who is really concerned with the current state of affairs, in which Donald Trump and people of his ilk are dangerously close to being elected. I'm particularly disturbed about the significant shift to the political right here and Europe, and the rise of "fascist"-like movements, as a response to economic stagnation and staggering income inequality. I'm looking forward to participating in discussions with other members of this group. Cheers, Jim

message 4: by John (new)

John (johnbyrnebarry) | 1 comments Hi, my name is John Byrne Barry and I read all sorts of fiction, from mysteries and thrillers to literature, and I write what I call "page-turners with a conscience" — mostly about politics and family and the daunting challenge of doing the right thing.

While I have a strong sense of morality and integrity, as a reader and writer, I'm attracted to situations that are not black and white, to the 50 shades of gray of morality. I like authors like John LeCarre, whose good guys aren't always so good, and whose bad guys aren't always so bad.

My two novels are Bones in the Wash: Politics is Tough. Family is Tougher., set during the 2008 presidential campaign in New Mexico, and Wasted: Murder in the Recycle Berkeley Yard. I'm currently working on a family drama about euthanasia. Really.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments Is this group still active?

Master Melvin M.  Lusterio (aionheaven) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Melvyn, I'm a political scientist, nice group we have here, thanks for sharing!