What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Young adult book based in a mental health clinic; books about baby loss; books where YA feels they missed out and decides to live life to the fullest

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 14 comments I'm looking for something similar to Rae Earl's diaries. A book where the main character is in recovery from mental health.

Alternatively I'm looking for books about baby loss(miscarriage/termination) preferably where the main character is a teenager - 30.

Or a book where a young person feels as if they've missed out on a portion of their life and therefore decides to live life to its fullest.

Thank you.

message 2: by Summer (new)

Summer | 240 comments Have you read I Never Promised You A Rose Garden?
Here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 3: by inaword (new)

inaword | 130 comments For baby loss as a teenager there's Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones by Ann Head , though that one's more about marriage and the baby loss is a preemie that dies in the NICU

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

message 5: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments This list might be useful to you: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
The Bell Jar is about a young woman with depression and mental health issues; electroshock therapy is involved, psychiatrists, clinics.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Jodie, I edited your header to provide more information. Many times people only read the header and if you have put additional types of books you want in the first post, they won't see that.

message 8: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 53 comments How about Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson?

message 9: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Deadline by Chris Crutcher is about a high school senior who finds out he has less than a year to live and forgoes treatment that's unlikely to help in favor of enjoying what time he has left. Somehow it's less depressing than several Crutcher books where no one dies.