Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library discussion

What Are You Reading? > What Are You Reading - June 2016

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 38 comments Mod
Have you come across a new author? A new genre? A plot twist you haven't read before? A new beach read for the summer? Tell us what you are reading!

message 2: by May (new)

May | 13 comments I am just beginning The Ogallala Road: A Story of Love, Family, and the Fight to Keep the Great Plains from Running Dry. Having grown up in Western Kansas, I am concerned about the depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer. This book is the memoir of a woman who inherited a Kansas farm and had to come to terms with its dependence on the aquifer.

message 3: by Cole (new)

Cole (librarycole) | 1 comments I'm re-reading this month. I started with the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Hopefully I will have time to make it all the way to the new one in the series, Fire Touched.
I'm also re-reading the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. There are a few newer ones that I haven't gotten to, yet.

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb (debs4jc) | 99 comments Mod
May wrote: "I am just beginning The Ogallala Road: A Story of Love, Family, and the Fight to Keep the Great Plains from Running Dry. Having grown up in Western Kansas, I am concerned about the depletion of the..."

I've heard great things about that book...sounds intriguing.

message 5: by May (new)

May | 13 comments It turned out to be far more memoir than solution. It was an enjoyable read, but didn't leave me feeling any more secure about the future of the aquifer or our efforts to preserve it.

message 6: by May (new)

May | 13 comments I am now reading When Breath Becomes Air. Seems like a summer of memoir for me so far.