HRC Ravenclaw Common Room discussion

JUN 16: tuesdays w/ morrie > Try to watch this

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vince (new)

Vince | 6 comments I am a little behind, to be honest I am struggling to get hooked on Mays book. When I found out there was a film of Junes I thought watching it may ease me into the book.
Watching the trailer I was hit by another film that I watched recently.that, well, I just cant shake. Be Here Now! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2473476/
If you like this book and have any chance to see that film then do so.It will make you cry but for me at least a day hasnt gone by where it hasnt made me stop and think...I was training for a half marathon and I dropped, turns out my ticker is a bit dodgy, this film resonated on so many levels and still does.anyways dont tell people I can be sensible,they wont believe it.

message 2: by Karina (new)

Karina | 18 comments Apologies for the late discussion but with starting a new job and being involved in the Dumbledore's Army Race, I've been a bit busy. All I can say is with this book, I can't stop crying. I don't think I have been this emotional over a book in a very long time. One of the lines that really hit me was in the chapter when Mitch goes and visits Morrie for the first time in sixteen years and Morrie says "my old friend, you've come back at last". Not sure if anyone else is getting the feels as much as I am but can't stop getting so emotional.

message 3: by Devin (new)

Devin Waddell Babcock | 115 comments Mod
I'm finally catching up. I finished this book last night. I think if you have ever lost someone very dear to you, this book will absolutely resonate with you. It brought me near to tears several times- not because the story was so sad, but because it had me thinking of my Grandma. I still miss her every day, and this brought it up to the surface again.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 21 comments I just finished the book! I appreciate the quick read because I don't think I could have taken much more. I managed not to cry until the very end but that was difficult. It was just beautiful. The writing is beautiful, the friendship is beautiful, everything about it. I love how the author kept the focus on Morrie and really seemed to keep it simple. Morrie's words were enough and he didn't try to make it more and write his own beliefs or interpretation. Loved it!