What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > military fantasy, humor about 3 soldiers not modern

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Meeks | 6 comments about 10 years back i read a series of books about 3 soldiers (maybe 4) sort of funny, i recall something about a woman(princess) and possibly they were going to desert but saved her in the first book. my recollections are really dodgy but i recall them being likeable, doing the right thing eventually and being a lot cleverer than they seemed , i recall lots of walking some snow, maybe some magic-but im not sure about the magic
i have searched through so much military fantasy fiction and cant find

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments Was it future fantasy military with drones and lasers, or fighting with swords? The walking on snow reminded me of The Heart of Valor, but that probably isn't what you're looking for.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Meeks | 6 comments thanks for trying, nope it was kind of swords and sorcery, i followed a link from a review of the the Malazan Book of the Fallen. i cant find the review or the link :(

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Reference link - The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4349...

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz Meeks | 6 comments thanks, but i remember it was a list of best fantasy books, and it had recommendations of similar books, the books i want are similar to the malazan army soldier characters. sort of mercenary types, trying to avoid stuff but doing it anyway
i hate havi g this stuck in my head

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Liz, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Heart of Valor (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Steven Erikson (other topics)