What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Science fiction forgotten book [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin (last edited Jun 02, 2016 10:47AM) (new)

Dustin | 3 comments It's been many many years so bear with me. All I can generally say is the book is based around a VR game, if you did well in the game you did well in real life. There were no wars, no crime, no fights. Anything and everything was done in game. The entire ecosystem was based on a single game and being rich in there meant being well off in real life.

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments Not quite right, but maybe this? Invitation to the Game

message 3: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 3 comments LauraW wrote: "Not quite right, but maybe this? Invitation to the Game"

Not quite, but something worth looking into regardless.

message 4: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 432 comments Maybe Epic Epic (Epic #1) by Conor Kostick ?

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Sounds like Epic to me, too, but if 2007 counts as "many many years" ago I'm even older than I thought.

Ready Player One is another possibility, but it was only 2011 and the VR world was hugely important but not the be-all and end-all of life.

message 6: by Lou (last edited Jun 02, 2016 05:53PM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 432 comments There was an edition of Epic from 2004:

Epic by Conor Kostick

This assumes one believes Goodreads pub dates, which I've found are not always correct for unusual editions.

'Many years' or 'a long time ago' are fairy difficult to use, because time perception depends on both your age and how long ago something happened.

Nine years isn't too bad for 'many many years' tho. I once saw 'a really long time ago' that ended up being three years. I believe it was posted by an adult too, but the memory is, alas, from 'a while ago'.

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments When you say "many many years" how many is many?

City of Golden Shadow was published in 1998. First in a quartet of VR books.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Dustin, since lots of people are looking for scifi books, please add plot details to your header. Many people don't click past the header unless they think they recognize the book.

message 9: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 3 comments 9 years is"many many" years to me haha. It is Epic it was killing me so thank you.

message 10: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Dustin wrote: "9 years is"many many" years to me haha.

Damn whippersnappers. Get off my lawn!