The Hopefuls discussion

Interests > College/University

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments I didn't really know where to put this so I just picked here! Just wanted to know if we have any graduating seniors in the group (or the equivalent in other countries). What are you all gonna be doing after graduation? School, gap year, what will you be studying, etc...

I'll be going to Ashland University to study grades 7-12 science education :) super excited for it!

message 2: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennieelizabeth) | 91 comments I'm going to the university of York (UK) next year to study English. Have you got to do exams to get into your university?

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments We take one of two college entrance exams, either the ACT or SAT. Your scores on that help determine what schools you get accepted to. It also helps decide how much scholarship money you receive. I'm not sure why, but my state prefers ACT scores and to go out of state or abroad you have to have taken the SAT. Crazy tests...

message 4: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennieelizabeth) | 91 comments That's weird and confusing... Good luck with them! :)

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments I've already taken the ACT and did pretty well on it! I just can't wait to be done with high school and move on to college :)

message 6: by Halah (new)

Halah (valhalah) | 35 comments I'm starting university this year, majoring In English. I can't wait for hs to end either! But I'm a bit nervous to start uni... I've been homeschooled my entire life so it'll be a new environment. I'm up for the challenge though :p

message 7: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (itssofiblanco) | 8 comments Good luck to you all!
I'm already in university studying Translation (English to Spanish & vice versa)

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie Brown (allietb) | 28 comments I can't wait to go to college, either. I've loved high school, but I'm ready to start the next step in my life!

message 9: by Karel (new)

Karel (thisismeonline) I'm hoping to go to Queen Mary University of London to study astrophysics in a couple I months, provided my a level exams go the way I want ^^

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments Good luck with that Karel! Astrophysics is one heck of a topic haha!

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth I'm already at the University of Salford studying History and Politics.

message 12: by Allie (new)

Allie Brown (allietb) | 28 comments Those are good things to study in conjunction. I think more politicians need to understand history better

message 13: by Fryke (new)

Fryke (frietje9) Sofia wrote: "Good luck to you all!
I'm already in university studying Translation (English to Spanish & vice versa)"

Hi there! I get emails with updates and your comment jumped out. I'm currently writing my bachelor thesis on false friends between English and Spanish (I'm Dutch btw)...and I mean currently, because I should be working on it right now, but as you can see I'm procrastinating hahaha. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hope you're having fun at university!

message 14: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Burns (cburns1995) | 5 comments I'm just gonna finish college and get job whilst deciding what I want to do in my life.

message 15: by Kira (new)

Kira Hopwood | 7 comments Im going to the University of Salford later this year to do Journalism if i get the grades i need.

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Beth Mulholland (tailsbeth) I'm currently at the University of Sunderland studying English + Creative Writing. I've also done a semester abroad in Germany (Yes it sounds odd cause I'm studying English, I'm aware :P), I'm entering my final year in September if anyone has any questions about uni in the UK, I'm happy to answer them :) to those of you applying, good luck! x

message 17: by Taylor (last edited May 12, 2014 02:57PM) (new)

Taylor Beth Mulholland (tailsbeth) @Emma: I loved Germany! I really want to go back, it was the best summer ever. I was staying in Koblenz, it's in Western Germany. If you get the chance to visit, go for it cause its such a lovely place, it's where the Rhine and the Moselle meet so you can take boat tours etc :)

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Stafford | 15 comments Just seen this, I started uni last September and it's great! :) I love it! The work for me is difficult (studying chemistry) but I love it so don't mind :) hope all of you going off to uni or doing exams have a great time and get the exam grades you need :)

message 19: by Emma Kihlberg (new)

Emma Kihlberg | 72 comments I'm graduating in about four weeks (!!!) and I have really no idea what I wan't to study.. so I'm taking a gap year, working and maybe travelling and stuff. Explore the world and hopefully find my own place in the circle of life!

message 20: by Allie (new)

Allie Brown (allietb) | 28 comments Today was my last day of high school. Very bittersweet. But I'm so excited for college!!!