What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > kid's book, chicken characters, chicken pox, tea kettle houses?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moo (last edited Jun 13, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Moo | 3 comments Looking for book I read as a kid in the late 1990s

The book was colorful, and the characters looked like chickens.

A character got chicken pox. and/or tricked their family into thinking they got it--the character painted spots on a mirror and family members later saw their reflections with the spots and believed they got chicken pox. I remember a grandmother making and feeding them all chicken soup to get better (maybe she was the one who tricked them)

I'm remembering them living in houses that look like tea kettles, kind of cottage country style, and beds looked like shoes

this is a children's picture book, paper, aimed probably at ages 4-8. I think there was a series with these characters, but I'm not 100% sure

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Were the illustrations realistic, cartoony, full page, etc?

message 3: by Moo (new)

Moo | 3 comments They were cartoony and colorful--that's really all I can remember

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
A guess - Chicken Pox! (1995) by Dona McDuff? "Molly has the chicken pox. Her brother sees all the good things and special treatment she receives from everyone. How can he get the chicken pox?"
Cover image - http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Invitat...

message 5: by Moo (new)

Moo | 3 comments That's not it, thanks for trying :)

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Moo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chicken Pox! (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dona McDuff (other topics)