2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Orphan X (Orphan X, #1)
This topic is about Orphan X
Orphan X > Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
The Nowhere Man is a legendary figure spoken about only in whispers. It's said that when he's reached by the truly desperate and deserving, the Nowhere Man can and will do anything to protect and save them.

But he's no legend.

Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. He's also a man with a dangerous past. Chosen as a child, he was raised and trained as part of the off-the-books black box Orphan program, designed to create the perfect deniable intelligence assets—i.e. assassins. He was Orphan X. Evan broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear.

Now, however, someone is on his tail. Someone with similar skills and training. Someone who knows Orphan X. Someone who is getting closer and closer. And will exploit Evan's weakness—his work as The Nowhere Man—to find him and eliminate him.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Starting this one today! The prologue certainly intrigued me.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments This series is very similiar to the Repairman Jack Series. I read I think two books in that series and loved them. The first book is The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2).

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I am really enjoying this! I am on chapter 22. (view spoiler)

I agree Veronica that the Prologue was very intriguing.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I just now finished it. I liked it overall; it had lots of twists and turns and action. The only part that I could have done without was all the interruptions due to domestic drama with the single mother and her son. I found those to be highly annoying momentum killers. That's not what I read a book about a freelance assassin for! lol

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Mary wrote: "This series is very similiar to the Repairman Jack Series. I read I think two books in that series and loved them. The first book is The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2)."

I have that book, just haven't read yet. In another group one of the reading challenges required people to read the book that has been on their TBR shelf the longest and this was mine.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Veronica wrote: "I just now finished it. I liked it overall; it had lots of twists and turns and action. The only part that I could have done without was all the interruptions due to domestic drama with the single ..."

I was very disappointed in this book, and feel that I just had too high expectations. It could of been a lot better.I dont feel that it was special. It did have a lot of action. I liked it but didnt love it.
I could of done without the single Mom and son drama also.

message 8: by Mary Beth (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Veronica wrote: "Mary wrote: "This series is very similiar to the Repairman Jack Series. I read I think two books in that series and loved them. The first book is The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2)."

I h..."

I think you will love that book. I think I was comparing Orphan X to this book and its a little similiar but doesnt compare to that book at all. I loved the Repairman Jack Series. To me that series is fantastic and will probably read the first book next month.

message 9: by Veronica (last edited Jun 08, 2016 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Mary wrote: "I was very disappointed in this book, and feel that I just had too high expectations. It could of been a lot better.I dont feel that it was special. It did have a lot of action. I liked it but didnt love it.
I could of done without the single Mom and son drama also.
"

That's sums up my feelings perfectly too, Mary Beth. I liked it but didn't love it. Oy, the mom and the kid. Life or death hanging in the balance but, wait, the story has to take a time out so that the MC can...(view spoiler)? lol

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I know! I got so upset feeling the suspense and waiting, then it would drag on and on.

2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Tomb (other topics)