Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
Book of the Month Archives > June 2016-A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Megan (last edited Jun 01, 2016 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
The book that was chosen for Young Adult Book of the Month for the month of June is A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas. This book got 50% of the votes. I'm excited to check it out and jump on the Sarah J. Maas bandwagon. I hope it lives up to all the hype.
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Barbara | 236 comments I'm excited to check this one out. I've heard so many great things about it. Hopefully it can live up to the expectations.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved, loved, loved this book and just recently finished the 2nd book in the series & loved it even more. I loved her Throne of Glass series too. She has become a new favorite author for me.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I loved/love this book, I just recently re-read so I could refresh myself before reading book 2, well quite honestly I love anything by Sarah J. Maas she is becoming one of my favorite authors! I haven't read a bad story by her yet!

Barbara | 236 comments I ended up having to DNF this book... I may pick it up later on but for some reason right now there's something about it that's bugging me.

Michaela | 44 comments Roxanne wrote: "I loved/love this book, I just recently re-read so I could refresh myself before reading book 2, well quite honestly I love anything by Sarah J. Maas she is becoming one of my favorite authors! I h..."
i really love sarah j maas books as well and I am about to start reading ACOTAR cause i just finished school
i really hope it's as good as everyone says
I'm glad you liked it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
I actually managed to read this before all the hype of the book and really enjoyed it. Separate the hype of the book from the book. I find that some times that that helps me when reading a book.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
Michaela wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "I loved/love this book, I just recently re-read so I could refresh myself before reading book 2, well quite honestly I love anything by Sarah J. Maas she is becoming one of my favor..."

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
I just picked up this book I think 2 days ago and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of it again. So far, I'm relieved. I'm barely on chapter 2 but I am liking this book a lot more than Throne of Glass (which I did not enjoy). I have high hopes for this book. :) I hope it won't let me down!

Don't let that deter you from enjoying Court of Thorn and Roses.

Half way through and liking it so far. Feyra is a little frustrating at times but she's growing on me.

So far I'm ok with Feyre. I don't like her sisters tho. I'm on chapter three now. I'm going on chapter to chapter here.

Megan wrote: "Half way through and liking it so far. Feyra is a little frustrating at times but she's growing on me."

Well as I was reading it I was frustrated with her as well but I kept remembering that she is the beauty of this Beauty and the Beast tale and well they are pretty similar.

Leela wrote: "So far I'm ok with Feyre. I don't like her sisters tho. I'm on chapter three now. I'm going on chapter to chapter here."

In the original Beauty and the Beast fairytale most people do not like her sisters then either. So I can definitely say that you are feeling the right things towards her sisters.

Lol. So far. I'll admit, I'm very harsh on female characters. Especially if they are suppose to be something and the author doesn't do what she said she was suppose to do. XD that's why I didn't like glass throne. So I'm hopeful here.

You've gotta also remember that it's a fairytale retelling so while she is trying to make a new character she has to make sure she keeps a lot of aspects from the orginal character as well.

I guess you're right. So far I like this book.

Leela wrote: "I guess you're right. So far I like this book."

I love the book. I did. Also take all the hype you have heard and throw it out the window like you never heard it at all. Hype destroys books in my opinion.

I actually don't really look up anything about the books I get. I just buy it if it looks like something I'd like and if my friends like it too. Lol. XD

Sometimes I hear about books that I want and they end up with a lot of hype and it kills me for the books.

Lol. Yeah once I buy a book I try not to listen to anyone about it in detail or in hype. Throne of glass was a rare one that I read cause of the hype. I was super disappointed by it.

I enjoyed Throne of Glass but I love this one more.

I'm hoping I'll like it.

I hope you do as well.

We will see. I usually have a vey unpopular opinion tho.

So I'm at chapter 7 now. And I don't think I liked chapter 6 very much. I feel like it could have been better since it was the introduction of the High Fae. I was expecting a grand entrance. And instead, I felt like I got "Well, here I am." :\ I don't know. I was really liking the first 5 chapters and then chapter 6 happened. I'm hoping for more excitement from the next chapters since I technically just started this book. So we shall see! Still hopeful! Still like it! I just hope it doesn't flop like this last chapter did! XD

I think the first 3/4 of the book moved pretty slow. Everything of importance seemed to happen in the last 1/4 and that where all the action was. I liked it because of that part but it wasn't as good of a book as I was hoping for.

I have to admit that I was able to read this book in just over 24 hours. I got really into the book. I think it is because of the fact that they were calling it a Beauty and the Beast retelling. I enjoyed it and thought it was a great book. I am just glad that we can all have different opinions and still have a great time discussing what we love about a book and what we didn't love about a book.

Like I love a retelling of fairy tales. But I for me that's not really a pardon. XD I'm going to read more today. XD

I try to be forgiving with my books. A few years ago I was to hard on them and it just wasn't a good time for me on reading. I ended up taking a very long break.

Lol. It's how I like reading tho. XD I'm a hard critic. But it makes the perfect book even more enjoyable.

I was really hard on books a few years ago and then I could not enjoy the books I was reading. I didn't read for over a year. It was bad.

Oooh that is bad. :( I could never do that unless I was in a bad slump.

Yeah so I have tones down how to I judge a book.

Not I says the me! XD

Lol, no not you. I think if I compare the books that we have read that are similar we will have probably rated half the same though.

Probably. You'd be surprise tho. There are a lot of books I love! But most of the real popular ones I hate. XD

I took a peek and we do have some rate the same. We also have a lot that I have read that you have not and that you have that I have not read.

XD really!?

Yes really!

I finally did it! Finished this book!!! <3 I think I might be a newly converted Sarah J. Maas fan. I want her to make more books like this. A completely different experience than Throne of Glass. I was pleasantly surprised! <3

Yay Leela loved it. Now read the second one with me!

I bought the second one as soon as it came out cause I had a feeling I would love it! So yesssss! Let's read it. Lol.

okay we will text back and forth and get a schedule together.

Okie dokie!!! <3

I have to get through next week with getting the oldest back in school and we will get it going.

Yeah sure! Whenever you're ready! I'm getting ready for school myself!

Once Wednesday gets here I will be good.

Not too long then!

no and you should see me dance for joy.

I want videos of this dancing business. XD

« previous 1