Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Bay of Sighs
Book Discussions > Bay of Sighs ( The Guardians Trilogy, #2) - June/July 2016 Book of the Month (SPOILER ZONE)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Talya (last edited Jun 24, 2016 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Talya | 716 comments Mod
Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts

To celebrate the rise of their new queen, three goddesses of the moon created three stars, one of fire, one of ice, one of water. But then they fell from the sky, putting the fate of all worlds in danger. And now three women and three men join forces to pick up the pieces…

Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star.

Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground...

And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled—the mermaid’s in the water and the traveler’s on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.

(view spoiler)

Spoiler Info
(view spoiler)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments I'm #1 on my Library e-book Hold list! I will start this as soon as I get it.

Talya | 716 comments Mod
Yay, Anita!

I'm excited about this series, Nora is really good at paranormal/fantasy.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments I've got it! I got up this morning, checked my account and it was there. Can't wait to start it.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Got the book today. I'm super excited! I told myself I was going to wait until December (when the 3rd book is released) but I can't.

Going to re-read the first book, though, so probably won't get to this one for the next day or two.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5597 comments Mod
Congrats to you both!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments Thank you. At it takes is lucky timing to get it first. It actually hit my account at 9 pm last night.

The book starts with the three moon goddesses and a review of the myth. The action starts with our six travelers crash landing on Capri. I think that the last thing they did in Stars of Fortune was travel out of Corfu.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments Have to take a break. Olivia wants some Grammy time and with late start for preschool, we're watching The Little Mermaid. My choice, of course. We love singing the songs together.

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 126 comments l´ ll have to wait till the end of June, to get it. Hope I can join in the discussion a bit later. Happy reading to you all!

Talya | 716 comments Mod
Awww, that is one of my favorite movies ever Anita! Love the songs.

Feel free to join in when you can Vi, the discussion thread will stay up.

HelEinir | 1 comments I pre-ordered the book for Kindle and the minute it downloaded I jumped in bed to read. I am almost done with it now. I would've probably been done with it yesterday but work and other things have prevented me from binge-reading it. This book is so, so good! If you were a fan of Sawyer and Annika from the start then I promise they won't disappoint :)

I did have trouble digesting a couple of very awkward scenes but overall it's been a very fun/exciting ride. I almost want to stop myself from finishing it.

Britney | 380 comments I'm 33 pages in. How does one not gobble up a book they want to last forever? I gobbled the first one. Just ate it right up. I'm going slower this time. I must.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Finished this last night. Going to hold my tongue and wait for the okay to discuss because I don't think I can do so without accidentally giving spoilers. :D

I definitely want to re-read but going to re-read both books in the series in December when the 3rd is released.

message 14: by Kerri (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I re-read Stars of Fortune the first week of June. Then had to wait a WHOLE week for Bay of Sighs (OH the pain!)

I was going to wait until next week to start it, so I could read it on the plane for vacation, but I couldn't sleep last night. Stayed up until 3AM and am now about a third of the way through. Oh, boy, it's good.

Side note for Anita: The Little Mermaid seems like an appropriate choice, along side Bay of Sighs, no?

message 15: by Anita (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments Loved Little mermaid. Next up is Searching for Nemo. I think I'll pass on Jaws, though.

One of the downfalls of getting a book hot of the presses is that it takes everyone awhile before they get I, read it and are ready for a group discussion.

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 671 comments Mod
I have my book but haven't been able to read it. I keep looking at the cover. My daughters are enthralled by the idea of the book because they are into mermaids in a big way. I should be able to start this book by the beginning of the week.

Also, for those wondering, this will be a spoiler free zone probably through the end of June. If we decide to make it a day or two earlier we'll let you know.

Quynh | 218 comments I may have to delay this book into July. I'll have to see how I can work it in for this month. Going to Vegas for my friend's wedding next week so I'm sure I won't have any reading time. :) will join the discussions once I get the book!

Lakshmi C (lakshmi93) | 4 comments Finished Bay of Sighs last night. I can't believe we have to wait for 6 months to read Island of Glass.

I'm starting this now!

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Lakshmi wrote: "Finished Bay of Sighs last night. I can't believe we have to wait for 6 months to read Island of Glass."

RIGHT! It's torture -.-

Britney | 380 comments I'm a little over 100 pages in and I have to say I've been a bit bored up until now. Hoping it starts picking up for me. It seems like it is starting to.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Britney wrote: "I'm a little over 100 pages in and I have to say I've been a bit bored up until now. Hoping it starts picking up for me. It seems like it is starting to."

It does. I found some of the beginning a bit slow and awkward, but give it a little longer :)

message 23: by Anita (last edited Jun 17, 2016 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments All the training got a little to much page space, IMO. Just a lot that really slowed this one down. Annika is a bright sprite, but the whole evolution of the romance just didn't come across like I thought it should have. I thought there would have been more of a wonder of it all element.

Britney | 380 comments Joy wrote: "Britney wrote: "I'm a little over 100 pages in and I have to say I've been a bit bored up until now. Hoping it starts picking up for me. It seems like it is starting to."

It does. I found some of ..."

Yes, slow and awkward are good words. :)

Britney | 380 comments Anita wrote: "All the training got a little to much page space, IMO. Just a lot that really slowed this one down. Annika is a bright sprite, but the whole evolution of the romance just didn't come across like I ..."

I totally agree Anita.

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Kiepert | 4 comments Joy wrote: "Lakshmi wrote: "Finished Bay of Sighs last night. I can't believe we have to wait for 6 months to read Island of Glass."

RIGHT! It's torture -.-"

That makes me think I'll hold off on reading Bay of Sighs until we're closer to the next book. I have no patience!

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Kathy wrote: "Joy wrote: "Lakshmi wrote: "Finished Bay of Sighs last night. I can't believe we have to wait for 6 months to read Island of Glass."

RIGHT! It's torture -.-"

That makes me think I'll hold off on ..."

That was my plan...until it got closer to the release date..haha

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments From the set up, Book #3 should be awesome. In the first book, did it tell how Doyle got to be immortal?

Quynh | 218 comments He was cursed by a witch when he tried to save his brother.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments Thanks. I didn't remember that. It looks to play a big part in Island of Glass.

message 31: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan | 7 comments I agree with everyone else. Just finished Bay of Sighs and I enjoyed it. I am only pissed that we have to wait for December to read Island of Glass.

Time for some pictures!

Villa Jovis
Villa Jovis photo image_zpsgfhohffp.jpeg

Marina di Capri

Capri Marina photo image_zpsxlohhsrm.jpeg

Piazzetta

Piazzetta Capri photo image_zpsyimkw2ci.jpeg

message 35: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 22, 2016 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Funicular (public transportation)

Funicular Capri photo image_zpsmydspfha.jpeg

Phoenician Steps

Phoenician Steps photo image_zpstpgrjrqq.jpeg

Blue Grotto

Blue Grotto photo image_zpstash5pgp.jpeg

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1210 comments Absolutely beautiful. Sigh, I am really going to plan a cruise to these wonderful places.

We visited Capri when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I remember the marina and the Blue Grotto, which blew me away at that young age.

Gorgeous pictures, Jonetta! I'm really enjoying the book so far - at 90 pages in. I'm finding the pacing of it believable. I also find the reactions of Sawyer and Annika to one another believable considering the circumstances.

I'm pretty far behind because I listened to another book yesterday.

message 41: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 24, 2016 10:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Difference Between Gelato and Ice Cream
Gelato photo image_zpsqfssdbmm.png

1. Ice cream contains more fats as compare to gelato. In gelato, fats are 10% of the total ingredients.

2. Gelato requires more milk as compare to ice cream.

3. Both are served into different temperatures. Gelato is served into very cold temperature while ice cream requires comparatively low temperature as compare to gelato.

4. Gelato is more solid than ice cream. It take time to melt as compare to ice cream.

5. Ice cream contains more air than gelato. A normal ice cream may have 25 to 90% air. While gelato may have 25 to 30% air.

6. Gelato is widely used in Italy while ice cream is a worldwide sweet food and found in every country.

Bellinis

message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I now want a belini. And gelato. Though maybe not together.

I even like just saying the names:)

I finished this and agree it has a really slo-o-ow start. It was around the 55% mark that I got hooked and that's unusual for a Nora book. Loved everything after that point and zoomed through it.

Tami (agreatbook) (tamiabbas) | 12 comments Kerri wrote: "I now want a belini. And gelato. Though maybe not together.
"

Agreed! And maybe some pasta made with herbs and butter.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Tami wrote: "Kerri wrote: "I now want a belini. And gelato. Though maybe not together.
"

Agreed! And maybe some pasta made with herbs and butter."

Lunch/Dinner, drinks, and dessert. I'd be in. :D

Okay, I've added pasta to the post:)

Now I'm hungry and gosh I wonder why I want pasta.

I liked this book. I laughed several times at things Annika said and Sawyer's reactions. I also thought the two were so sweet with one another.

I really enjoyed their relationship, too, Sheery. It WAS sweet.

Tami (agreatbook) (tamiabbas) | 12 comments I liked Annika more than I thought I would. I think NR did a great job casting her as innocent, sweet and pure without being saccharine or unbelievable.

« previous 1