Audiobooks discussion

Non-Audible Sources > The Great Courses now has a Roku channel

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena_v (new)

Serena_v | 51 comments I know there are some other The Great Courses fans here; I've spent many an Audible credit on them myself and months waiting for certain video courses from my local libraries. Today I saw that there is now a subscription Roku channel showcasing a variety of their video courses. There is a 30 day free trial that I am currently enjoying and what looks to be about 200 - 300 courses (there are more available than what shows on the front-screen menus if you do a * search). Each course contains up to 30+ lectures. Looks like $19.95 per month to subscribe after the 30 day free trial. I hope it's okay to post this here, I realize it's not an audiobook source, but like I said I know there are many of us here who love the audiobook offerings from Great Courses so thought it might be allowed. I am not personally or professionally affiliated with Great Courses.

message 2: by Serena_v (new)

Serena_v | 51 comments Looks like you can check it all out through their website and view online, not just through Roku. https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/home

message 3: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Great source. Thanks

message 4: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Serena_v wrote: "Looks like you can check it all out through their website and view online, not just through Roku. https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/home"

Wow, great site. I've bookmarked it and will take advantage of the free trial in the fall when I have more time. Nearly everything there is of interest.

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Is anyone doing the Curiosity channel?

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 1546 comments Shirley wrote: "Is anyone doing the Curiosity channel?"

We have the Curiosity Stream channel - is that the one you mean? We like it and it nice that you can cancel it when you want - I cancelled after we watched nearly everything we wanted to and renewed after a few months when they added more programs.

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments If you buy 1 year of the Great Course plus it is 25% off. After watching an intro of a culinary course this made perfect sense to me. I added Curiosity Stream as well after watching a sample.

I have ROKU on both televisions ...streaming is so much better than cable IMO.