The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Wheel of Osheim (The Red Queen's War, #3)
This topic is about The Wheel of Osheim
Mark Lawrence > TWoO: General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Looks like this is out tomorrow. Sky are you still planning to make the threads?

Suzanne | 1582 comments Hrm...I need to decide what way to go with this - I TOTALLY enjoyed the audio with Tim Gerard Reynolds - but switching from him after two books...I'm not sure if I can handle that. So I may switch to reading vs. listening :(

message 3: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Yeah, should be auto-delivered to my kindle around 9pm and I'll make the threads later tonight.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cool. Now I can ignore this read. :-)

Suzanne | 1582 comments It's so good though! You're missing out Rob!!

message 6: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Bummer - I just checked for it on my Kindle and it wasn't there, so I checked Amazon:

"This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on June 7, 2016"

Looks like it was delayed a few days. It is out tomorrow in the UK, but not the US.

I don't even see it yet on US audible. Anyone have the link?

Suzanne | 1582 comments It isn't showing as available on audible yet. :(

message 8: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Suzanne wrote: "It's so good though! You're missing out Rob!!"

Yeah, but I have to read 5 other books first, and I hav haven't been in the mood for dark fantasy.

message 9: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments The 2nd Trilogy is independent of the first, and may be a better/happier intro to the first. But you've probably heard that already :)

message 10: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah, but still related. So I want to read the original trilogy first.

message 11: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Just read on reddit that TGR is doing the American audiobook version and the new guy is only on the UK version.

message 12: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill wrote: "Just read on reddit that TGR is doing the American audiobook version and the new guy is only on the UK version."

Woo! Had he done the UK ones previously?

message 13: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Yes. Think it is the first audiobook the new guy Sean Ohlendorf has ever done. At least nothing else showed up on audible.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Oh Bill you made my morning! Hooray! Sean Ohlendorf may be excellent, but it is just too jarring to change readers in the middle of a series. And especially when the original reader is one of my very favorites :)

message 15: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 1 comments You're looking at the UK version by Voyager.

The US version is read by Tim. For reasons known only to themselves Recorded Books didn't feel it needed a pre-order button so searches end up with the UK version.

I'm told the US version will be available on the US release date, June 7th.

message 16: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Awesome news. Thanks Mark.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I actually read the first one and loved it/highlighted SO many quotes - then listened to it and listened to the second. It is possibly the only audio book I have ever listened to that I thought mid-book - "I need to listen to this again!" Just so entertaining.

Anyway, I'm excited - this is one I would have done the pre-order for - but ordering works too :)

message 18: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments You can get the audiobook now by searching by title. Just preordered my copy.

message 19: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments woohoo! Me too. I hope whispersync and x-ray and enabled.

message 20: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Me too. Still need to order the kindle version.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Oh nice. It still doesn't show up searching for the series, but yay - I got it pre-ordered.

Tammy Just downloaded Wheel of Osheim, looking forward to continued adventures of Snorri and Jalan.

message 23: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Woo! I gotta put the kid down, I'll make the threads tonight if I am still up or first thing in the morning.

message 24: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Threads created - let's go!

Suzanne | 1582 comments Thanks for setting those up!

I really like the summary at the start - it was the perfect length - and although I remembered most of the events it was a good review.

message 26: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 72 comments Mark wrote: "The US version is read by Tim. For reasons known only to themselves Recorded Books didn't feel it needed a pre-order button so searches end up with the..."

Yes!!! What a relief.. I can't bear it if it's not TGR.

Suzanne | 1582 comments There are quite a few readers I've enjoyed, but TGR is my very favorite.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'm not sure! I guess I'll know for sure at the end of the book :)

message 29: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments It's a trilogy of trilogies :) This being the 3rd and final book of the second trilogy. The next trilogy features a female protagonist

http://mark---lawrence.blogspot.com/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Suzanne | 1582 comments Thanks Sky - what great information.

Suzanne | 1582 comments In the blog, he said it isn't set in the same world. I wouldn't mind either way - it is an interesting world!!

message 32: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Suzanne wrote: "In the blog, he said it isn't set in the same world. I wouldn't mind either way - it is an interesting world!!"

Ah - doh - yeah, I couldnt remember if it was set in the same world or not (I didnt re-read the blog post) but with the similar name, I kind of thought it was - but whatever comes out of MLs mind is sure to be fascinating :)

Suzanne | 1582 comments The name with "Red" in it made me initially think the same world too. But yes - given the very strong personalities of Jorg and Jaren...I can't wait to see the focus of trilogy #3.

message 34: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments OK, so I finally finished The Last Mortal Bond. Onward to The Wheel of Osheim!

message 35: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Nice I should be able to start tonight as well.

message 36: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Here is more info on the next trilogy that confirms it is not set in the same universe as broken empire:

https://thatthornguy.com/2015/08/28/r...

Suzanne | 1582 comments Thanks Sky! I think I'm going to like it :)