Black Swan (KOTLC club) discussion

Theories > Sophie's parents

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby ~Sign Please~, Head Mod & creator (new)

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 184 comments Mod
Who do you think they are?

message 2: by lorien (new)

lorien I'm willing to bet that Sophie's parents will either be Kenric and Alina or Tiergan and one of the lady councillors or Bronte and Physic.

message 3: by Abby ~Sign Please~, Head Mod & creator (new)

I think Sophie's parents are Kenric and Oralie.... Why do you think they're so nice to her? Maybe that's why Kenric and Oralie were in love!

message 4: by lorien (new)

lorien Abby wrote: "I think Sophie's parents are Kenric and Oralie.... Why do you think they're so nice to her? Maybe that's why Kenric and Oralie were in love!"

That's definitely true. I've always did wonder why they were so nice to her. That could be it.

message 5: by Vernetta (new)

Vernetta | 27 comments I think her parents are Kendric and Oralie. Because Forkle said that her parents were not allowed to be together. And the council can't have families

message 6: by Abby ~Sign Please~, Head Mod & creator (new)

Vernetta wrote: "I think her parents are Kendric and Oralie. Because Forkle said that her parents were not allowed to be together. And the council can't have families" I hope you're right!

message 7: by ella (new)

ella I think so, too. It makes sense! Btw, I'm a hardcore Oralie x Kenric shipper ;)

message 8: by Abby ~Sign Please~, Head Mod & creator (new)

Ella wrote: "I think so, too. It makes sense! Btw, I'm a hardcore Oralie x Kenric shipper ;)"
Mmm hmmm me too

message 9: by keeper (new)

keeper I kind of hope that her father is not Kenric cause that means he is dead unless he magically escapes the everblaze

message 10: by Abby ~Sign Please~, Head Mod & creator (new)

keeper wrote: "I kind of hope that her father is not Kenric cause that means he is dead unless he magically escapes the everblaze"
Do you think Oralie is the mom?

message 11: by keeper (new)

keeper It is possible but I doubt it. Didn't Mr. Forkle say something about her not being her mother. I honestly do not have a clue and I think I prefer waiting for Shannon to tell us.

message 12: by Vernetta (new)

Vernetta | 27 comments Me. Forkle said Jolie wasn't her mother. Didn't say anything about Oralie. I so wish lodestar is the last book, just so we HAVE to know who Sophie's parents are. But at the same time, I don't want the series to end. But at the same time I want it o end so I don't have to die waiting for the next book to come out.

message 13: by lorien (new)

lorien Vernetta wrote: "Me. Forkle said Jolie wasn't her mother. Didn't say anything about Oralie. I so wish lodestar is the last book, just so we HAVE to know who Sophie's parents are. But at the same time, I don't want ..."

I agree. It's really weird how you want something to happen but then you want the alternative to happen as well. Don't worry I feel your pain. :(

message 14: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Wait Edalines sister!
At would explain why Sophie looks loke jolie!

message 15: by lorien (new)

lorien It would be very funny if Jolie was Sophie's mother and Tiergand her father.

message 16: by lorien (new)

lorien *gasp* So Dex and Sophie would be brother and sister!

message 17: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) It would be but alas,Forkle confirmed she wasnt Sophies mom...

message 18: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Yeah!

message 19: by Grey (new)

Grey (rainforestgreen) Hmmm...I think they're Kenric and Oralie.

message 20: by CaptainSwan11 (new)

CaptainSwan11 | 2 comments What if her father was Lord Cassius? It would explain why he and Keefe can feel her emotions without contact. I know, I know, she isn't an empath....yet. She could very well just not have triggered that ability thus far. Or she could have gotten an ability from her mom not her dad. Or maybe when they were modifying her genes they just didn't put empath in her range of abilities. Also it would explain why Lord Cassius is always so fascinated by Sophie.
Btw this would ruin my life as I am hardcore team Keefoster and they can't be dating if they are siblings. But still.

message 21: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) I hate to debunk everyone's theories, but here's some information we know that proves wrong pretty much everyone's theories.
~Her parents were not involved with the Black Swan
~Her parents didn't know each other.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily Angecalia (lilian333) | 1 comments Her parents didn't know each other, and it wasn't Kenric or Jolie. I think Oralie is her mom - she always sides with Sophie and the black swan and they sort of resemble each other(at least how I imagine them.)

message 23: by Serena (new)

Serena (foster-keefe) | 2 comments Crazy theory- it's one of the Mr. Forkle's, and he wasn't lying when he said it wasn't him because it was the other one.

message 24: by Fennec Fox (new)

Fennec Fox Serena wrote: "Crazy theory- it's one of the Mr. Forkle's, and he wasn't lying when he said it wasn't him because it was the other one."
That is an awesome idea! That thought didn’t even cross my mind. It totally could be because in Flashback, Mr. Forkle braids Sophie’s hair beautifully, but doesn’t tell her how he knows how to do it. What if he was preparing to be a father? Maybe that is why he is so involved with Sophie’s life. He was always watching and taking care of her. He was her next door neighbor in the Forbidden Cities...