The Night Circus The Night Circus question

Would you recommend this book?
Emma G. Manzi Emma Jun 01, 2016 05:07PM
I'm thinking about reading this book sometime. Would you recommend it?

I've been a bit cautious about recommending this book to friends. I would definitely recommend it to someone with a sense of wonder who doesn't need everything to make logical sense in the end. But I would be wary of recommending it to the sorts of friends who need everything explained and resolved by the end of the book -- for example, how the magical elements of the world worked, or exactly what was the purpose of the overall game/competition.

Jessica Pickett Couldn't have said it any better myself. Tis book definitely for everyone. You have to like this style of book. I don't believe it was suppose to make ...more
Jun 14, 2016 08:33AM · flag

I will also highly recommend you to read it. The Night Circus itself is just pure magic and makes you almost as addicted as the visitors in the novel. Frankly, I wish it were real way to deeply... The only aspect that disappointed me a little bit was that the expected love story only took a minor part of the story and the little of it that did happen didn't overwhelm me much (until the ending which was fantastic).

Lisa To me, the lack of romance wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as well. It was refreshing. However, the summary seemed to promise it, so it messed my expe ...more
Jun 06, 2016 07:38AM

I highly recommend! I love the creativity and the descriptive details!

No! Only because you will keep wanting more.
But HELL YES READ IT.
It's AMAZING

Yes, I enjoyed it. It was different and quirky and charming, all at the same time.

deleted member Jun 05, 2016 07:10PM   0 votes
Listened on audible...one day listened to 18 chapters and still didn't want to turn it off.

Totally!
It's romantic, magical and told in a lyrical prose.

I would recommend it to someone who thought they would be interested after reading the cover blurb.

It is a good introduction for someone who thinks they might like to try the fantasy genre.

Absolutely! The entire story is beautifully written and traps you in it. Warning!!! Once you pick it up you will not be able to put it down.

This is always a tough question because who knows what you like to read, but I thought it was a fantastic story with wonderfully imaginative imagery. If that sounds like something you would enjoy, coupled with the fact that everyone else who has commented loves it, I'd say it's a safe bet.