Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's may reads

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments a good month-all m/t's for the first time in a long time!
15th Affair- james patterson
Ink and Bone- lisa unger
The Whispering Hollows- lisa unger
Extreme Prey- john sandford
Wilde Lake- laura lipmann
Out of the Blues- trudy nan boyce

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Good month. I'm waiting for 15th affair for my Kindle.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments Amy wrote: "Good month. I'm waiting for 15th affair for my Kindle."

was a quick read- with an awful cliff hangar of an ending. hate those because by the time the next book comes out, i've forgotten what happened..:)

message 4: by Amy (last edited Jun 01, 2016 06:28PM) (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Ugh, I don't like them either. By the time I get it, the new one may come out. LOL

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14306 comments Good month Sherry ! How did you like Laura Lippman's Wilde Lake? I am sometimes hot and cold with her books.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments Ann wrote: "Good month Sherry ! How did you like Laura Lippman's Wilde Lake? I am sometimes hot and cold with her books."

i really liked it, ann.

message 7: by Dan in AZ (last edited Jun 02, 2016 06:08AM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Solid month, Sherry.

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments Looks like a good list!

message 9: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1114 comments Good month. I gave up on Patterson several years ago.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Good month. I gave up on Patterson several years ago."

i totally understand that. i only read his murder mystery and alex cross books. nothing else. always get them from the library, too. never buy them :)

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1259 comments In regards to Patterson, I do like his Alex Cross books too, but I'm way behind in the series, so not sure if the current ones still live up to the earlier ones. Do plan to get back to the series some day.

message 12: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments I read and enjoyed Wilde Lake this month too. Ink and Bone looks good but it looks like The Whispering Hollows should be read first?

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments Sandi wrote: "I read and enjoyed Wilde Lake this month too. Ink and Bone looks good but it looks like The Whispering Hollows should be read first?"

sandi- i read ink and bone (received an e-copy from netgalley) first and although it stood alone perfectly well, the whispering hollows gave some background to certain things in the story. they were small things, mostly relating to the tattoos the main character had, but if i'd known about whispering hollows, i'd have read it first. it's 3 novellas in one book- i think the whole thing took about an hour to read.

message 14: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments Thanks, I do prefer to read in order and luckily my library has a downloadable copy of The Whispering Hollows.

message 15: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3597 comments Sandi wrote: "Thanks, I do prefer to read in order and luckily my library has a downloadable copy of The Whispering Hollows."

i am definitely a RIO person, too, sandi. don't tell carol i read out of order, even if it was accidentally. :)