Perustopia Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aislin (new)

Aislin Brunt Well summer is here. For me summer is always the best time to get in lots and lots of reading. I hope to have 30 books read in the next three months, most of which will be series I either need to get caught up on or finish.

What are you're reading plans this summer?

message 2: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments I want to finish Harry Potter, read Throne of Glass series, and a lot of contemporaries

message 3: by brokenlight (new)

brokenlight (winggodess24) | 10 comments i plan on finishing my reading challenge of 30 books this summer before going back to college and hoping to find more interesting books so can read so so so much before summer is over.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments 40 books

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky Irwin | 65 comments I want to finish the Harry Potter series, Heir of Fire , and Lola and the Boy Next Door/ Isla and the Happily Ever After... Hopefully I'll read about 30ish book this summer!

message 6: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments @Becky I also want to finish the Harry Potter series! What book are you on, and I'm guessing this is your first time reading the series?

message 7: by Shannonmariee (new)

Shannonmariee | 24 comments Hope to... Finish the Percy Jackson series, start the Hunger games trilogy or a Court of thrones and roses. And read lots and lots of contemporary

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 146 comments I'm hoping to dwindle my tbr pile down. Hopefully I can squeeze in about 25 books.

message 9: by Vera (new)

Vera (travelingbooksblog) | 5 comments I'm hoping to get done around 10 books, since I have a longer summer than normal (because I am coming back from my exchange year) and I will have a lot of spare time!

message 10: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Despite my hectic summer schedule (work, grad school applications, dissertation work, etc) I am hoping to read 15-20 books by mid September when I go back to school

message 11: by Iris (new)

Iris Bratton (b-ratton) I'm jumping the YA bandwagon! My goal is to start and finish the Falling Kingdoms series! They've been on my shelves for months but I just haven't had the time to pick them up.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 15 comments I'm going to be rereading the Harry Potter series for the twelfth time in time for the release of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child. And then I just have a huge TBR pile waiting for me, which I'll never ever finish .

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (wayfaringbibliophile) | 8 comments I want to read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, finish Harry Potter (books#4-7), Mortal Instruments (books#4-7) and see where I go from there.

message 14: by Portia (new)

Portia (portia_brn) | 74 comments I want to read the Mortal Instruments series, and catch up on my TBR pile

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Read the Throne of Glass series, finish the last 2 books in the PJO series, finish the last books in The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy(and other Jenny Han books), continue reading The Unwanteds series, and see what I read from there.

This is a lot.......

message 16: by Matt (new)

Matt Wells | 60 comments I'm, trying to read at least two books a month this summer. I read five books in total, during January. I got Shadow Queen today, so I'll be, opening that book up asap.

message 17: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I am hoping to read a lot of contemporaries and stand alone to stop my reading challenge from falling behind. I am also going to try and read the lunar chronicles in the next few months

message 18: by Turah (new)

Turah | 148 comments I'm hoping to read read 30 plus some books this summer. I planning on reading the falling kingdom series, a few newer books and re-read some books that I've read before.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate (mjett5578) Hopefully, I can read 40 books this summer. You never know with camp going on tho.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i want to read at least half of my TBR and read 13 and a half lives of captin blue bear and finnish city of dreaming books

message 21: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 5 comments I'm planning on rereading the PJO series since it's been a while and aside from that read about 20 books.

message 22: by Summer (new)

Summer Carlisle | 42 comments I want to finish the Percy Jackson books and catch up on contemporaries I haven't gotten the chance to read yet... Which hopefully brings down my tbr pile

message 23: by Dayanara (new)

Dayanara | 1 comments I want to read Throne of Glasses series.

message 24: by cait (new)

cait rose (catmcdonogh) | 1 comments Carolina wrote: "in the country that i live we're in the winter"
Same, go NZ!!

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) Already reread the PJO books & the first 2 books in the HoO series. Plan to finish the last 3 books in the HoO series (Already 1/4 of the way done with Mark of Athena) then read Trails of Apollo. After that I'm just going to read as much as I can, but hope to read at least 20-25 books in total.
If I only count the books that I've read since school ended I've already read 4.

message 26: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Penney | 12 comments I really want to read all of the unread books on my bookshelves (plus more!!!!) but that'd be like 40+ books so I'm not sure.

message 27: by dais (new)

dais ʚ♡ɞ | 10 comments I'm planning on reading most of the books on my TBR pile

message 28: by Dani (new)

Dani (daniairdina) I really want to complete (and love) ACOMAF and i have started it and am about halfway through. I'm a big SJ Maas fan and have read all of ToG and ACOTAR (love them so much), but I'm not liking ACOMAF so far! I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG I'm not feeling it when everybody else loves it so much. Anyone have any persuasive opinions for me to hopefully change my mind?! HELP??!!!

message 29: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 79 comments I want to catch up on all my review books, reduce my TBR pile and read at least one more of the ASOIAF books ( I'm on a Feast For Crows!) .

Also if you're looking for summer reads recommendations, I just put up a blog post on the books I'd recommend this summer: http://bit.ly/1TPKiWU

Alex (My Bookish World) (mybookishworld_) Get as far as I can on my TBR list while trying to have fun this summer.

message 31: by Beth, BooksNest (new)

Beth, BooksNest (booksnest) | 9 comments Does anyone have to fit reading around working full time? How do I manage to make enough time to read any more in the summer?? In need of help here!

message 32: by Blair (new)

Blair | 6 comments Beth wrote: "Does anyone have to fit reading around working full time? How do I manage to make enough time to read any more in the summer?? In need of help here!"

Hi I have the same problem. But what I found helps me is listening to audiobooks.

message 33: by Teya (new)

Teya (teyanicole) | 27 comments I'm planning on completing the following series : Harry Potter, mortal instruments and the lunar chronicles.
I would also like to read all of the stand alone books I've been accumulating these past few months and haven't yet had a chance to read due to exams. :)

message 34: by Nora (new)

Nora Lizarralde (noralizarralde) | 6 comments I know it's kind of crazy, or at least it is for me, but I want to read around 20 books this summer :)

message 35: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Picard | 1 comments I want to read the harry potter series again, The pretty little liars series and finish all of the books on my tbr. Hopefully i'll read a good 25-30 books if I'm lucky!

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Marie | 5 comments My goal is to read 1 or 2 books a week! And just read what ever I'm in the mood for :)

message 37: by Luna (new)

Luna | 14 comments My goal is probably to finish the Harry Potter series, and read 10 books. Kinda small, but I have a lot more to work on this summer, and I like to take my time.

message 38: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments My goal is to reread the Throne of Glass series, so I can be ready to read the new one that comes out in September. I also want to add more classics into my reading.