The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Bingo > Tina Ashleigh

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (last edited Jun 01, 2016 03:00PM) (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments BINGO 1 - Cover Items

(click image for larger version)

Bingo button to use when this card is completed is here

message 2: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments r

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Hi Ashleigh! I look forward to play Bingo with you:)

How do you want to do this? Should we fill the spreadsheet with what we plan to read or should we just fill in the book we're currently reading?

message 5: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Hi Tina. Me too! :)

However you want. I like to have a sort of idea of what I'm doing, so I'm just going through my ebook collection and just seeing what books can fit a few spaces.

I think I have about 300 that could fit one person, or two people haha.

message 6: by Tina (last edited Jun 02, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

Tina | 595 comments Yes, that task is pretty easy:) The toughest ones for me are the animals and furniture...

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments For other challenges like this in the past, I've just googled for books with desks on the cover for example and had a look to see if I've got any or if I can get them cheap on Amazon Kindle.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments That's what I do too:) It's so easy with the Kindle!

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Ok, after a quick look in my shelf I've found something for all the tasks, except:
sofa, lamp, three or more people, baby and child/teenager.

Are those tasks something you have the perfect books for, otherwise I'll keep looking?

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Is this a sofa? ;) Sway by Kat Spears

message 12: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I think I've got one for three or more people, and child/teenager definitely.

I'll have a look for some that can fit the rest.

message 13: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Tina wrote: "Is this a sofa? ;) Sway by Kat Spears"

I'm not sure. I don't know if they would class it as a sofa or a park bench.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Great, then I can ignore those:)
Before we start a new book, maybe we should announce it here, to avoid that we end up reading for the same task?

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Tina wrote: "Is this a sofa? ;) Sway by Kat Spears"

Well, if we can't find anything else, we can ask:) I've been wanting to read that one for a really long time, so I was hoping this was my excuse;)

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Ok, I plan to read Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton next. Can I put that as "One person"? Or do you have anything else planned for that task?

It's finally Friday! Do you have any plans for the weekend?:)

message 17: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Tina wrote: "Tina wrote: "Is this a sofa? ;) Sway by Kat Spears"

Well, if we can't find anything else, we can ask:) I've been wanting to read that one for a really long time, so I was hoping this was my..."

I sent a message to the Perks Moderator yesterday asking if it could be classed as a sofa, I'm waiting to hear back.

message 18: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Tina wrote: "Ok, I plan to read Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton next. Can I put that as "One person"? Or do you have anything else planned for that task?

It's finally Friday! Do you have any plans for the weekend?:)"

No no, go ahead and read it. I don't have anything planned for that one.

And no, not really. Having a quiet weekend for a change haha. You?

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments The quiet weekends are often the best:) A lot of reading perhaps?

I'm going to Stockholm this weekend to see a show: A man called Ove. It's me, my sister and our boyfriends, so I'm super excited!

message 20: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Oh wow, that sounds fun. I've read the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had no idea it had been adapted.

I think I'm gonna try and force myself into reading something. I've got reader's block where the books I'm reading aren't thrilling me that much, but I can't get into anything else either. :(

message 21: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments The Perks Moderator thinks the cover for Sway looks like a park bench. You could use it for two people?

message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Oh, reader's block is the worst:( I have no bulletproof way to break it, but I hope you find something interesting! Try not to think about it, just pick something fun. It doesn't have to fit any criteria for a challenge or anything, just read. I don't know what kind of books you like, but let me know if you want me to recommend something:)

I haven't read A man called Ove yet, but I think I must fit that in soon:)

Too bad we couldn't use that as sofa, since that task is pretty difficult. We'll see what book fits the two person task first:)

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments By the way, have you seen the movie A man called Ove? Or it hasn't been translated yet?

message 24: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I haven't seen it, no. I don't think it's been released over here yet. I wouldn't mind watching it in Swedish (with English subtitles, I don't speak any other languages unfortunately). So I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for that one.

I managed to read a YA book yesterday, so I think I've broke my block. The cover didn't fit any of the spaces though, apart from FREE SPACE but I think we should keep that one for last.

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Yes, keep your eyes out for the movie:)
The show was great, a bit sad (since I hadn't read the book I didn't know what to expect) but also funny.

Yes, FREE SPACE should be easy to fill, but keep your book in mind in case all our other books fit the other tasks:)
I finished The Fall Up and have moved on to Nuts.

message 26: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I've just finished Girl, Interrupted but I think that can only work for one person. I'm not doing so well with picking books that have covers that fit haha.

message 27: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Don't worry about it, when you read a book that fits we put it on the spreadsheet. Too bad I've already started Nuts then:(

message 28: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Oh, they've added a new Bingo Card a couple of hours ago. I'll add it to our spreadsheet as a separate page, and hopefully one of the books I've read so far or am currently reading will fit!

message 29: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I've started reading Bones & All and right at the beginning of the book, the main character goes camping as a child, so I'm gonna take that space on the second card.

I think the second card might be easier as it doesn't just have to be things on the cover of books, if the activity/item appears in the book, you can use that.

message 30: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Can we start the second card before we've finished the first?
I agree, it's much easier when you can find the tasks within the book as well:)

I've finished Nuts, moving on to Good Guys Love Dogs for Domestic dog.

message 31: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I've just double checked with Karen and she says we can fill up before cards at the same time.

message 32: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments That's great news:)

message 33: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I'm gonna read The Guy Next Door for desk.

message 34: by Tina (last edited Jun 09, 2016 11:24PM) (new)

Tina | 595 comments Sounds good. I've finished Good Guys Love Dogs, next I'm gonna read Between the Lines (bed on cover).

message 35: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I've just finished Bones & All. Kind of a weird book, but I enjoyed it for the most part.

It's Friday again. yay! This week has just flown by. Any plans for the weekend?

message 36: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments I was just thinking the same thing, it's finally Friday! This week has really been shorter than normal, we had Monday off here in Sweden:) But I'm still glad it's over, I'm so tired right now.

No actual plans this weekend. Sleep and then we'll go out to our summer house:)
What are your plans?

message 37: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Well, we live quite a few miles away from my boyfriend's parents, and it's his mother's birthday on Monday, so we're travelling tonight after work to their house to stay this weekend, and we're celebrating her birthday tomorrow night. (Fingers crossed there's lots of alcohol, they're the best kind of parties!)

message 38: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments I hope you have a great time at the party:)

Finished Between the Lines, moving on to Sisters in Love (two persons).

message 39: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Thank you, we did have a good time. A bit too much alcohol which I'm paying for this morning/afternoon.

I think I've changed my books around about 5 times but I'm reading The Hell of It All by Charlie Brooker for desk.

message 40: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I'm gonna read What We Saw at Night for three or more people.

message 41: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Sounds great!
I finished The Air He Breathes (so good!) and used it for fireworks.

message 42: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Do you use Kindle Unlimited?

message 43: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments I use Kindle, but not unlimited.

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Sorry, I was on the phone earlier so I just gave you a quick answer.
I remember that I've read something about what Kindle Unlimited means, but then I haven't thought much about it. Do you use Kindle Unlimited?

message 45: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Yeah, it's quite good actually. You pay £7.99 a month (UK price), and you get unlimited access to a selection of books. It doesn't cover all their kindle books, but they have a good selection. You can have up to 10 books on your device at one time, but once you read them, you can return them and download another book.

I thought you might use it because that last book you read, I looked it up on Amazon and saw it's included on Kindle unlimited.

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments I finished Driven during the weekend and they eat cotton candy at one point. So I put it in card 2:)

message 47: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments Finished Come Away with Me and Nat thinks a lot of Luke's bare feet, so I put it in card 2.

message 48: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments It seems a lot of the books I've been reading can't be used for anything. This Bingo game is a lot harder than I thought haha.

message 49: by Tina (new)

Tina | 595 comments I've had a bit of a down period too, where the books I've read doesn't fit anywhere. But we'll get there:)

message 50: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I've spent so much time in the past week and a half reading books for Wobble (I'm not sure if you're doing that as well), that I've forgotten to try and work them into the Bingo. I've got a couple of books picked out for Card 1, but it's finding the time to read them as well ha!

« previous 1