The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Bingo > Berni, Christina, Daniela, Divya, Elise

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (last edited Jun 01, 2016 02:57PM) (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments BINGO 1 - Cover Items

(click image for larger version)

Bingo button to use when this card is completed is here

message 2: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments r

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments hello Team :)

some of you already know me, even personally, but for those who don't - my name is Christina, I'm from Austria and I work as a waitress. I'm currently reading The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson which can be used for Lake/Ocean.

I know from at least a bunch of us that we're quite busy with work and/or uni at the moment, so I think this should rather be a 'slow' challenge.
if we break down the books equally it would be 4 books per player, 1 player gets 5 books. ofc if one of us is quicker they can also read more books :) how about we set the estimated end date for July 30th or so?

here's a spreadsheet that I made which all of us can edit as we go along.

ps: the name of the thread will hopefully be changed back soon, since Berni and Bebe are two different people ;)

message 4: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Hello guys!
I'm Daniela, also from Austria and I'm currently studying in Vienna. Excited to have two members in my team who where also in my UNO challenge team. I'm sure we'll get this done fairly quickly ;)

I'm currently reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - can be used for either "one person" or "white dress" because it does look to me like she's wearing one, but maybe it's just me

message 5: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments Hey everyone! I'm Elise from Sydney - into reading, baking and as I'm currently banned from sport after an injury - using my competitive energies on goodreads challenges :)
Thanks for doing the spreadsheet Christina.
Do you both know each other in real life? I loved Vienna, I'd love to live there!
Anyway I'm reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro so I can cover the square with one person. My other read is a picture of architectural drawings ...so not helpful!

message 6: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:56AM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Hello everyone! Hi fellow winners Daniela and Divya!

I am Bernice or Bebe. Maybe we could come up with a team name, the names are throwing me off.
I am not so good with this but how about International Flashy Divas or something equally silly.

I am from Washington, DC. I am a new gardener and I like to travel, knit and of course read. I am currently reading two books.

1) A Bollywood Affair (Bollywood) by Sonali Dev A Bollywood Affair which could be used for the free space or the one person card. I won't add it to the spreadsheet.
2) Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Crimson which will cover the two people card.

message 7: by Divya (last edited Jun 02, 2016 08:38PM) (new)

Divya | 100 comments Hey everyone, I'm Divya from India. I like playing basket ball and reading. Elise,I hope you recover soon from your injury.

Bebe and Daniela, it's nice being on the same team again.
I'll be reading descriptionApollyon-covers flower card

message 8: by Divya (last edited Jun 02, 2016 09:10PM) (new)

Divya | 100 comments description The Secret of the Nagas-covers African Animal

message 9: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 59 comments Hello everyone! :)
I'm Bernadette or Berni and I live in Austria. I like to read, to travel and photography. And I love my cats!

At the moment I'm reading a thriller - Der Seelenbrecher. Der Seelenbrecher
It could be used for the tree.

This is my first challenge on Goodreads and I'm looking forward to be in a team with you!

message 10: by Christina (last edited Jun 03, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments ok guys, I added another sheet on our spreadsheet where we can keep track of the books each one of us is reading and which items they all fit.

Elise - your book also fits the Child/Teenager category if I'm not mistaken, so I switched it. hope that's ok :) Daniela and I know irl, yes, but we've actually met on goodreads a couple of months ago. and Berni and I went to school together :)
I can't believe you've been to Austria already?!?!? have you just been to Vienna then? it's such a beautiful city!

where else have you guys travelled to so far and where do you still wanna go?

ps: if no one else can/want to cover Baby I've got a book on my ipad with a baby on the cover which I could read if needed (:

message 11: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Yes I'm totally for a group name, would be easier and look better :)

message 12: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Yes, let's vote on a name. Maybe we could vote on one of these or we could come up with something else.

1. International Flashy Divas
2. Fire Breathing Penguins
3. Rabid Butterfly Wranglers
4. Book Puppets

message 13: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments Thats's fine to move my book around wherever. The extra spreadsheet is a good idea :)

I agree with a group name, and I'll vote for the penguins, as Sydney is drowning in rain atm!

I've only been to Vienna in Austria - it was gorgeous! And I remember amazing coffee and cakes :)

message 14: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments I love 1 & 2

message 15: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 59 comments My favourite is Fire Breathing Penguins!

message 16: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments I like 1, 2 and 4.

message 17: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments I started a read with a dog on the cover - I'll post in spreadsheet when I get to the computer. I think most ppl are ok with being penguins so let's go with that? I saw it's crazy flooding in some parts of Europe - is it happening in Austria? Sydney's had a months worth of rain in the last 24 hrs - it's definitely good weather for penguins!

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments Yeah let's go with the Penguins :) (or something book related like The Bookworms or so? ;))

I think there have been floodings in Austria as well, but I mainly know about crazy hail storms! My tiny little town is sorta blessed though, there's hardly any bad weather ever.

message 19: by Daniela (last edited Jun 05, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments I'm bad with choosing names, so I'll go with whatever you guys think of :D

Do we know how big the item on the cover has to be? I'd like to read Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Me Before You and it has a tiny bird on the cover.

message 20: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jun 05, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Daniela wrote: "I'm bad with choosing names, so I'll go with whatever you guys think of :D

Do we know how big the item on the cover has to be? I'd like to read Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes and it has a tiny..."

I think as long as you can make it out on the cover it should be fine. So your book should be okay to use.

I think I like Fire Breathing Penguins the most too.

Finished A Bollywood Affair 6/5.

message 21: by Daniela (last edited Jun 10, 2016 01:44AM) (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments And our "deadline" is still end of July? I'd cover ROAD with Insomnia by Stephen King Insomniait's a 900 pages read though, so it might take a bit of time :P but then again I'm usually quite quick with Stephen King books because I can't put them down

message 22: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Daniela wrote: "I'm bad with choosing names, so I'll go with whatever you guys think of :D

Do we know how big the item on the cover has to be? I'd like to read Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes and it has a tiny..."

I'll just add it then and start right now! I'm not tired yet, so late night reading it will be

message 23: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments I have this ritual I do if a movie is based on a book, read the book and then go see the movie. Every time I come to the same conclusion that the book is sooooo much better than the movie. Hope I'm wrong this time, going to watch Me Before You this weekend. Fingers crossed.

message 24: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Have you read the book yet? I wanted to read it before watching the movie. But I know I'll love it because Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin and Matthew Lewis are in it :D

message 25: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments Same Divya!!! but I don't think I'll watch Me Before You any time soon tbh

message 26: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments I started the book today. I like what I've read till now.

message 27: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments I can cover sofa as well with The Complete Persepolis (Persepolis, #1-4) by Marjane Satrapi

message 28: by Christina (last edited Jun 08, 2016 10:12AM) (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments oh you're both reading Me Before You now so I won't for a while haha! how do you guys like it so far?

please check if the spreadsheet is updated everyone, esp with read dates as well :)

ps: Elise I hope you're doing alright in Sydney, there was an article about the bad weather in our daily newspaper ...

message 29: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments We're two people reading it already haha probably won't be possible to add a third time to the sheet :D but it's good so far!

message 30: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments We did have a bit of wild weather, but we are drying out now :)

Hope you guys reading Me Before You have a box of tissues ready...

message 31: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments I read all night because I didn't want to put it down!
It's a really lovely book and I loved it, but to be honest I didn't cry at all. There was just one time my eyes got teary.
Can't wait for the movie!

message 32: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments Me Before You book is really good. The movie was good not great and I felt it was rushed in the end. I'm currently reading The Secret of the Nagas.

message 33: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments I finished A Tiny Bit Marvellous for the book with a dog on the cover.
The book I'm starting only has a tea-cup on the front, but while I'm reading that I'll search through my massive e-library for a category that will be hard to find.

Anyone got any thoughts on what will be the hard ones? I'm thinking the second horizontal line with all the "room" objects!

message 34: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments I think clock and lamp will be hard to find, the other two "room" items are pretty easy to find haha.

message 35: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jun 11, 2016 10:42AM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments I will cover the desk card with Confessions Confessions by Kanae Minato and the three person card with The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner by Andrea Smith .

message 36: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments I'll take the "pink dress" with My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels, #1) by Elena Ferrante - the little girls are wearing pink.

Do you think this counts as a clock? You can definitely see a clock face Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman ?

message 37: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments @Elise it should count, you can see a clock after all

message 38: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments lol I think so too! ;)
Locked it in.

message 39: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 59 comments I will cover the red dress with the book Gesucht: Traummann mit Ente. I hope it's okay that I'm reading books in German!

message 40: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments I just read All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot which has farm animals on it (sheep and cows) - so I will fill in that square. I'll take out the clock one, because I've already got 4 books in the spreadsheet...we can always use it later if we need to :)

message 41: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments Did we officially want to be named some sort of penguin as well?

message 42: by Divya (new)

Divya | 100 comments Finished Rebound can be used for bed or lamp

message 43: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Finished Confessions by Kanae Minato 6/18

message 44: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments That's ok Elise if you read more books. I'm obviously super behind and need forever to finish even ONE book....

Anyway how's everyone doing, everything alright? :)

message 45: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Just read as many as you want guys! It'll take me a while to finish my last 2 books due to exams

message 46: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 890 comments I finally finished The Argonauts a few days ago but tbh none of my (physical) books have anything on their cover that is still needed... so I'm not sure if I can cover anything else except for the Baby anymore :/

message 47: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments But you can have one of the words I already choose for my as well! I can read something else ;)

message 48: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) | 33 comments Hey guys! Sorry, the wobble challenge over on nbrc is keeping me busy. Christina - take the free space if you're stuck for something to read! I'll try and pick something by Monday to knock off something that's left. We need a fresh new board ;)

message 49: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Zekotic | 806 comments Does anyone want the ROAD word? I really want to finish reading GOT but I won't be able to till August if I read Insomnia

message 50: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Daniela wrote: "Does anyone want the ROAD word? I really want to finish reading GOT but I won't be able to till August if I read Insomnia "

Okay a book I have already read will work. I am hooked on this Midnight Breed series. So one of those should work.

« previous 1