Seminary for Heirs and Royal Assistants discussion

About the Roleplay > Questions/Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 67 comments Mod
Have an idea for a new country? Is something confusing and needs to be a bit more specific? Do you have a different way to improve the group overall? This topic is for you.

message 2: by Ria (new)

Ria | 12 comments I was wondering if there could be maybe a fey country, or one at least inspired by them (I am willing to make it).
I think we should add discussion boards for each country, rather than a list. It would organize the different customs and such of the countries, and probably make people less likely to keep starting their own countries. I have a question list that could help with organizing customs and countries, if needed.

You mean, like, fairies? I could see something inspired by them - perhaps elves that live purely off of the land, since most of the kingdoms are human, and there are mythical creatures in this realm.

The thing about the countries being listed, though, needs to be kept the same, I'm afraid. Most of the people who made the countries are not active to fix them according to your question list, so I think they'll just have to stay as they are. :\

message 4: by Ria (new)

Ria | 12 comments Yes, I meant fairies.

Since they're not active, can't the group fill them in by ourselves and still give them credit for the original idea? I know I'm a bit scared out of joining a pre-established country because I don't know what life is like there, and there's nowhere I can research. Add that to people not making a ton of characters, and we'll end up with a ton of countries without many representatives.
Sorry if I'm being unclear.

Give me a paragraph summery about the kingdom, and I'll let you know if it'll work.

Well, what kind of customs are you thinking of questioning?

message 6: by Ria (new)

Ria | 12 comments Something along the lines of a single city and some forests. They don't like Lamia, since it's the opposite of what they love (which is sunshine and plants, mostly), but are friendly/allied with Glade and the Glacies, as well as Latibia (I'm realizing that's an interesting set of alliances and enemies).

It's not so much customs as what the country is.
Like an article on Wikipedia on a country (although shorter and a bit more to the point).
Things as simple as
When and how do people come of age?
How do marriages work?
How do funerals work?
How are births celebrated?
What is the education system like?
What is the country's history?
What are their resources?
What do they trade?
What do they trade for?
The first four aren't as important as the rest, but I know I'd like to know at least that before joining someone else's country.

Glacies is the complete opposite of those, being the freezing cold, polar kingdom. And I don't see how you can't simply make a character from Glade or Latibia if that's what you're aiming for.

I suppose I should explain that the Seminary is an experiment and a recent change to see how the heirs cooperate with each other.

message 8: by Ria (new)

Ria | 12 comments Honestly, they're attracted to the blue hair in the Glacies.

I'm just afraid of contradicting something else someone says about Glade or Latibia, which is why I want to know more before jumping in.

Well, if you want, by making the first character, you can add something to the country you're making and I can put it into the description of the country.

message 10: by Ria (new)

Ria | 12 comments Ok.

message 11: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 3 comments Can there be a possibility of adding real pictures to match anime? 'Cause it would help with transition for people who are using real people.

I don't understand what you mean, Fiend.

message 13: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 3 comments Like, can they have both real and anime, or just real pictures?

message 14: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (aking2838) | 33 comments I can add a different one to my secondary character.

I see, but I also understand that it's easier to find your 'perfect appearance' in an anime character than a real person. I could make everyone describe their appearance in a paragraph despite if they use a picture or not.

message 16: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 3 comments That works for me.

message 17: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 24 comments Good, because I spent an hour searching and didn't find I picture I wanted to use. *sigh* :P