Seize The Book discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
[No Spoilers] A Court of Thorns and Roses

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adele For this topic there will be no spoilers please!

How are you finding the book to be? What are some of your hopes and/or thoughts for/on the story?

message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai (runicrhymes) I'm kind of worried about this one, honestly! I've never read any SJM before, so I hope that it'll live up to the hype. Don't really know what to expect, though.

I'm only a couple chapters in, but I do like the writing style thus far. The descriptions are worded really nicely, I think.

Katie (redadhdventures) | 7 comments SJM'S writing is growing on me, but when I first read Throne of Glass, I wasn't impressed. Her writing definitely improved with the progression of the series. I'm in the same boat as Kai when it comes to living up to the hype. I really love the first couple of chapters and Feyre but I'm afraid it'll turn into something more stereotypical from here. I really hope it doesn't! I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Adele I definitely like SJM's writing. I really think that with the ACOTAR series, her writing improves a little. The descriptions are great in my opinion! ^-^

message 5: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai (runicrhymes) I'm definitely finding it interesting so far! I think the thing I'm most concerned about is the romance. I don't know anything about it (not even who it's with, but I think I can guess), but I've just heard that some people are angry about the direction it takes... Romance is definitely a thing that can kill an otherwise good book for me.

Also, this is unrelated to the story itself, but I bought the ebook a month or two ago when it was on sale. I checked to see if my library has the second book in the series in case I want to read that next, aaaand not only is it unavailable, but it currently has 76 other people requesting it...

Adele Yikes! That's a lot of people on one list. I think it'd be worth waiting in line for the second book, though! :D

Jocelyn Beecher (jocelynbeecher) SJM quickly became one of my new favorite authors after blowing through the ToG series. I don't know what it is, something about the way she writes just vibes with me. I finished ACOTAR a few days ago and loved it so much I immediately went on Amazon and ordered it with ACOMAF. I did the same thing with the ToG series! I can't wait for EOS (already preordered of course lol).

Adele Yay! Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed ACOTAR and the TOG series!!!

Laura Kehoe | 4 comments I just got this boom from the library, so I'm getting started a bit later than I'd hoped. But, so far I'm really impressed with it. ToG is a good series and I enjoy reading those books, but this one seems even better. And I already love Feyre a lot.

Adele Oh, awesome! I hope you enjoy reading ACOTAR!