Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 81k Sci-fi/Adventure (pulp)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments Hello!

My "complete" novel is in the final alpha phases and could use a few beta readers before I pull the trigger and shift to Editing Phase. It's a First Person PoV Sci-FI (nominally Hard Science), but more Adventure (Pulp).

Here's the blurb:

Ari Gadsden has just retired from the Legion and wants nothing more than to return to Terra. Unfortunately upon getting to Luna, he discovers the political situation has changed over the last 30 years, and he is now persona non grata back home.

Through a chance meeting he is given the opportunity to skirt the restrictions. This launches him on an adventure far more exciting than his previous career.

If you are interested in reading or swapping betareads, please let me know!

Thank you for your consideration!

R/Aaron

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Mollohan | 7 comments This sounds great! I have a YA Sci Fi that I am in need of beta readers for as well, I'd love to swap you. Here is a quick blurb:

Emily longs for the moments she can be free of her claustrophobic home. But the law is simple: return before the gates close every night. Those who break the rule vanish. Despite her father’s warning, Emily desires freedom more than she fears the ghost stories. So she convinces her only friend to bend the rules with her; they travel to the forbidden dark zone seeking answers about their strange world as long as they can be back before the gates close.
But there is more than just shadows hiding in the dark. Ancient creatures, too alien and far too human, lurk in the labyrinthine gloom. And the Ark, a colossal generation starship, holds her secrets close.
On the other side of the cylinder world Adam lives his life in peace. He is sixteen cycles old. Two away from fulfilling his duty and being returned. Two more cycles with Mother.
Mother protects. Mother provides. Mother is good.
But when his closest friend starts questioning their perfect lives she forces him to make a choice: stay blissfully ignorant, or break free of his invisible shackles and risk losing his place in the community.
When Emily and Adam’s lives collide they are forced to deal with the consequences of their actions. Consequences that have ramifications not only for the Ark, but humanity as a whole. And they realize that there may be no escaping their inner demons.

My email is mollohanjacob@gmail.com, thanks.

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments Jacob wrote: "This sounds great! I have a YA Sci Fi that I am in need of beta readers for as well, I'd love to swap you. Here is a quick blurb:

Emily longs for the moments she can be free of her claustrophobic..."

Email sent!

message 4: by James (new)

James Hardwick | 3 comments Hi Aaron,

I'm interested in beta reading your work, if you wish! Feel free to drop me an email at James.hardwick94@gmail.com.

I look forward to your e-mail!

James

message 5: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments James wrote: "Hi Aaron,

I'm interested in beta reading your work, if you wish! Feel free to drop me an email at James.hardwick94@gmail.com.

I look forward to your e-mail!

James"

James,
Thank you so much. Email sent!

message 6: by nomars (new)

nomars (notmars) | 6 comments Oh, this looks really cool! Just PM me on how to get your first chapter and others! :)

message 7: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments Mar wrote: "Oh, this looks really cool! Just PM me on how to get your first chapter and others! :)"

PM sent!

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Morrison | 5 comments Aaron, I could use a little pulp sci-fi, send me a message at wonwomanbusiness@gmail.com if you still want more beta readers.

message 9: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments Stephanie wrote: "Aaron, I could use a little pulp sci-fi, send me a message at wonwomanbusiness@gmail.com if you still want more beta readers."

Stephanie,
Copy inc.

message 10: by Ray (new)

Ray Daley | 33 comments If you'd like the opinion of a veteran on your Miltary Sf, send me a pm.

message 11: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments PM Sent!

Thank you!

message 12: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Kennedy | 29 comments All,
Thank you so much for reading. I've gotten back the first round of feedback and am working through the major changes now.

If you are still reading, no worries, feel free to send over any notes you may have, I won't be done with this phase until the end of the month. But I wanted to send out a quick thanks for all the help on turning this draft into something better!

R/
Aaron

message 13: by Ray (new)

Ray Daley | 33 comments Thoroughly enjoyed reading it & looking forward to hearing your thoughts back.